POS screen language

The instructions on the POS device when I use my card is Polish (or something like that). It would be nice to be able to select that language or at least set it in English.

2 Likes

Same problem here; I received my card a couple of weeks ago and every time I pay on a terminal (in Germany) the pin pad language is in Polish. It would be important to change the language to English or German. Thank you

Are you using standard or premium card? I have standard issued by Paysafe and in Poland, I have POS in English :slight_smile: but it is not a problem for me.

1 Like

It is the standard card but I don’t think it makes any difference.

I have the same problem in Switzerland. Not the end of the world, there’s a limited number of things it could be saying, and I managed to pay. It was a momentary shock though. Even if the card can’t have custom language, maybe it could be set to « local » language. I’d rather see the messages in French (or German) in Switzerland . And if I was in a country where I didn’t speak the language, at least the shop keeper could explain

Silly, isn’t it? :slight_smile: I have English instructions in Poland too. Additionally I have checked it in Croatia and there were English instructions too.

I have a similar same problem. I downloaded the Revolut app via Android in Spain. My phone is Spanish and my phone language setting is all Spanish but the Revolut application is all in Polish! I have no idea how this has happened, I have never lived in Poland or had any Polish smartphones. Luckily I happen to speak a bit of Polish so I can get by anyway but it would be great if I could switch to English/Spanish for better understanding

I hope that Revolut staff will read these posts, hopefully they can advice on the language settings to avoid this problem

Please check language on Android. I mean checking if you have “Spanish” or “default” (I suggest set it up “Spanish”). I hope it can help…

Same problem new Metal-card in (what I think is) polish.
I have never had my phone in polish neither have I been to poland ever.
I live in Switzerland and we have 4 languages, but none of which is polish.

Support said it’s a terminal/atm issue. That is not true for sure…

Have you checked BIN?

https://binlist.net

What country do you see?

Also check with this - https://www.exactbins.com/bin-lookup
Results for public binlists might differ.

MasterCard needs 8 digits to show proper country