Pointless graph

It’s fine as long as you ad dark mode for oled.

+1 for the option to hide the graph like in the 2nd gif that alejandro.mery posted.

2 Likes

I’m not sure I dislike the graph, but the good thing about optional features is you can measure whether your users like it or not :wink:

4 Likes

As we said in a previous conversation about that: “Do not fix what is not broken”.
Revolut, do you listen?

4 Likes

Just to keep this ‘feedback’ on the graph active.

Please Revolut - allow us to turn off the graph. I keep swiping to change currencies and it just scrolls through the graph - horrible.

Its completely pointless.

5 Likes

Is that a real existing app? Couldn’t find online.

1 Like

that is even worse lol !

The graph is total garbage, just because it’s easy to incorporate and cool looking does not make it useful. Please just get rid of the thing.

2 Likes

Let me add my vote for dumping the horrible and useless graph.

I travel extensively and so have a large number of currencies to maintain. It’s much harder to switch between currencies than it should be, without manually deactivating accounts each time (so that I don’t have such a large list of currencies to swipe through).

The graph adds nothing useful, has no axes, and is in the wrong place (it should be an option in Analytics, not in the main Accounts view).

Is there a single person anywhere who says that the graph is an improvement? If not, how did it ever get added in the first place? What problem does it solve?

7 Likes

This is the overwhelming view of members in this forum, ever since it got introduced. As well as the all white UI. But it seems Revolut are deaf to these views :frowning:

4 Likes

I don’t think 30 posts qualify as representing the “overwhelming” view of forum members. You simply don’t know the opinion of members that haven’t commented on it.

1 Like

Fine. If you want to be tendentious I’m happy to say that the overwhelming view of forum members ‘who post’ is against the useless graph.

And statistically I’d bet this represents the view of non posting members also.

1 Like

See, the point was this: you seemed to be frustrated about Revolut being “deaf” about this, based on the assumption that an “overwhelming” number of users shares your opinion.

I believe they aren’t deaf. They listen to feedback, they consider it, they have changed their product based on user feedback before. Everyone in this thread made reasonable points about why they don’t like the graph. Or why they want a dark mode. That is valuable feedback. That’s good. But these valid reasonable points might just not be that relevant for many other users. – So I can also argue that an “overwhelming” number of users not engaging here can statistically proof they don’t care. I won’t, because this is flawed in a similar way.

So I think you shouldn’t be too frustrated about Revolut not making the changes right now. They might do in the future.

(All this is independent from my opinion on the matter. I am not defending the redesign here.)

1 Like

While it’s true that feedback on its own can never be the sole metric to rely on in cases like this, due to the possibility of responses being heavily skewed (e.g. there’s a disproportionate propensity for those who strongly dislike a change to air their opinions), why couldn’t something like A/B testing be used?

This is exactly the kind of situation where A/B testing can provide valuable feedback - by setting a control group (no change) against a test group (new element introduced). I don’t know the details of how you implement it in apps, compared to the widespread browser-based versions, but I don’t see why it’s not possible.

And what about the beta testing? What was the feedback on that? If stuff like the graph sees the light of day, you have to wonder what use the beta testing was. Since the people who are beta testers are going to be similar to the people here (a tiny but committed subset of :r: users) I would imagine that the feedback from beta testers would have been similar.

As a former s/w dev, I actually think it’s more to do with the old truth that you can easily sell/market new features but you can’t market bug fixes or background improvements to stability/useability (and it’s the latter that :r: needs a lot more than the former). So rather than the improvements we actually need, we get more useless new features that add no value (but can impress VCs, etc.)

3 Likes

What is that application?

In my case is not the graph what is big, is the space between the graph and the other elements of the interface what can be reduced. Specially when you scroll down.

Agreed about the beta testing part, since it’s mostly a subjective thing not many complained I think. I actually liked testing out, but again that’s just my opinion

The public beta program was announced June 12. The Revrally in London where the redesign was presented happened was May 2. The redesign was not part of a broader public beta test, I believe.

You’re correct. It was not. The redesign occurred and was launched before the start of the public beta testing programme.

1 Like

Maybe something like a arrow to hide/unhide it would be ok for both sides :smile:

2 Likes