Please block transfers without a reference

The reference box is so subtle that I missed it, now my payment will get lost :frowning: tried contacting support while it was still pending but they didn’t respond in time.

There really is no reason for a transfer not to have a reference. Please can it be made a mandatory field?

1 Like

I don’t need write anything as a reference, so I disagree with you.
But it can be some “soft validation” with some text only- i.e. “Reference field is empty. Do you want to proceed without it?” And two buttons “yes” and “no”

I do transfers without reference all the time :wink:

1 Like

You can just put “from Frank” in the reference :wink:

OK it should at least be a field in-line above the send button rather than hidden on many screens. Preferably warned when missed.

1 Like

I think it would be more fun if the app would randomly put in a name there for me. Or maybe a quote from a famous person. Or a daily haiku.

Hello,
why should a transfer get “lost” without a reference?
To the contrary I have a lot of trouble actually because Revolut sets a “From ‘revolut account holder name’.” to the beginning of the payment reference in Swift and local transfers (not SEPA). You may read more in the bug section, where I posted regarding this today in topic ‘wrong payment reference in Swift or local transfers causes big problems (not in SEPA transfer’

If anybody else is affected by this issue please report this too, so we may get a better chance for changing!

Best regards
que_sera_sera

Ugh :expressionless:.

Just happened to me too.

Reference is needed when paying bills or businesses.

So. Without the reference the business can’t assign the money they get to your debts.
And. Especially because Revolut sends the money from weird pooled accounts (not from your account) you can’t even talk with the business to try to find the transaction as it won’t be in your name.

I missed it too. It’s so invisible :expressionless:

1 Like

Agree. References are important for paying bills etc. And the way it’s currently implemented it’s easy to skip over the (practically invisible) reference field