Personalised IBAN on USD account coming soon?

for business accounts you can apply for a unique multicurrency IBAN (SWIFT)

Any news on this - is it still coming?

@anon33247966 , the issue with pooled accounts is that companies and institutions mostly require an account to be open in the employee’s own name in order to pay a salary. Revolut’s name as the beneficiary and the personal reference of the Revolut user just won’t do in those cases.

I believe this also has to do with financial rules.

1 Like

until :r: finally starts local operations in USA (“early 2019” being the current claim) the only alternative is to receive your USD salary at a transferwise borderless account and then transfer to Revolut for exchange.

If that USD payment comes via SWIFT (not from USA) instead of a local ABA/ACH wire, you can also get a paid freelancer business account and then apply for a “unique IBAN”, but it takes a while.

1 Like

Has that changed recently? I can see an IBAN under my USD account. I’m guessing SWIFT transfers should work now?

yes, all non-business users silently got a personalized virtual multicurrency IBAN.

I just noticed this under my USD account yersterday. Whaaaat? How is this not a bigger deal being advertised by Revolut??

Hello,
is there any new information about personalised IBAN on a US dollar account?

everyone got a personal multicurrency IBAN (SWIFT) already, but there are no local US/ACH accounts yet.

Hi there,
New to Revolut, I’m EU citizen living in the EU with a Euro account.
In addition, I asked for a USD account which I have been given, no trouble. So I now have a multi-currency account.
Nevertheless, I noticed that the data (IBAN/SWIFT) of my 2 accounts are IDENTICAL.
How does that work ?
If I want to receive a bank transfer made in USD, how do I manage to receive it on my USD account and not on my Euro account ? That is in order to avoid exchange fees for a first USD-Euro exchange upon reception on the Euro account, and then new Euro-USD exchange fees to send it to my USD account ?
Many thanks for your help !

When you receive USD currency using the BIC / IBAN combination, it will automatically appear in your Revolut USD ‘wallet’.
You then have the choice to exchange in app, or you can transfer back out in USD without any currency exchange.
The identical IBAN is actually the same for many (but not all) currency wallets in Revolut - a transfer in will automatically appear in the wallet of the origin currency.
Hope that helps :+1:

Hi DD17,
Many thanks for your very quick answer.
It looks all clear. As my English is not my native language, just to make sure I understood it correctly: when a relative will send me USD from a US account with the SWIFT system to my Revolut multi-currency account using the only BIC info I have, USD will show up in my wallet that I can keep in my USD account with no exchange fees from Revolut.
Is that correct?
Last question I swear :wink: : how much does Revolut charge to receive USD into my USD account (I have a standard plan souscription)?
Many thanks one more time!

You‘ve understood correctly how Revolut works. Revolut does not charge for incoming transfers. But: SWIFT transfers occur intermediary bank fees.

I suggest you grab a cup of coffee, take some time and then scroll through Revolut’s FAQs. Many topics are explained there, and it’s a good source of information to discover Revolut’s many functions and where Revolut is “special”, where it differs from your average bank account. There’s a specific article about this:

All good! Many thanks to DD17 and Frank for your precious time saving help!
Enjoy a glass of wine with a heat wave coming to Europe!

Hi There,
It turns out that I now have a FR IBAN for my Revolut standard account.
The sender bank in US is asking for :

1. the Receiving bank details
  2. the Correspondent bank details
    I did read the link
    Guide to international SWIFT bank transfers to your Revolut account | Revolut Help Centre | Revolut
    but since it has been written BEFORE Revolut managed to offer FR IBAN (did they actually open a branch in France?), I thought it would be wise to check.

For point 1) if they now have a branch in France I might have to use its address rather than the address in LT stated in that link.
For point 2) I would guess that the info for USD transfer remains valid.

Many thanks for your feedback!