Paypal topup using GPay

Hi there,

I just wanted to ask if any of you used Gpay with Paypal to topup on Revolut and what’s been your experience with it. Did it worked fine for you?

Thanks for the feedback.

1 Like

Hi Xavi

Since you’re the most active Revolut employee currently on the forums it would be nice to know what department you’re from and what role you have within it?

Thanks

2 Likes

Hello Xavi,

And welcome to the Community since you registered here some days ago, Does this mean staff will be more active in the community? or you just need quick feedback and you are out?

BR

1 Like

Hey Xavi,

I always use it for topping up. Especially since an extra credit card from my Bank would cost me additional fees while a normal transfer would take too long (especially at weekends).

It would be just nice if the support would care more about it if there are any problems. They always recommend me to use my card (I clearly said PayPal) instead of using gpay.

Once your support said it’s a GPay problem I should contact them. So Googles support took a look and said it must be a PayPal problem. PayPal said its either your or GPay’s problem. But at the end it seemed to be a problem from your side which got fixed quickly after your dev team got aware of this issue also from other user.

And from my experience, many German people us it for topping up because many banks offer credit cards with additional fees and without Google pay support. (That’s why Google partnered with PayPal very shortly after the GPay release in Germany)

2 Likes

Hi Reccha and iLoky,

Thank you very much. I’m a new Product Owner at Revolut.
I’m mainly working on products for DACH(Germany, Austria and Switzerland) markets. My goal is to understand pain points for those users and make sure we build useful stuff for them.

I believe communities are a great source of feedback and ideas. Personally, it also helps me to get to speed at Revolut.

I can’t comment on other Revolut staff being more involved in the community for now.
So, happy to discuss with all of you, and many thanks for the feedback you provide.

Xavi

9 Likes

For Switzerland you’ll find threads about top-up fees, time it takes for local bank transfers until they are shown in the accounts, personal IBANs for CHF, payments from Revolut to local Swiss accounts which sometimes have fees on the receiving end because SWIFT instead of local payment clearing is used and integration into local payment system with Swiss reference number system. There are probably more, but these are some of the more recent ones which pop into my head.

The only cards I have available for Gpay in revolut are full debit cards - anything prepaid or credit is shown as “not available”. So it’s pretty useless, compared to just adding cards directly in the app.

I would be very interested in virtual Maestro card if such thing can even technically exist (but im not from Germany, Austria or Switzerland).

1 Like

Well you don’t get it. In Germany you can add PayPal as virtual card to Google pay so you are able to Topup Revolut with PayPal using Google pay

Using any card attached to PayPal? So you can top up with credit cards, for example, free of charge? That would surprise me.

No. PayPal directly. You know, there are people who actually have money on PayPal…

2 Likes

No I use direct debit and every german bank supports it

1 Like

I never had problems topping up with Gpay which is connected to PayPal.
However, my son who has his settings exactly like mine cannot top up with Gpay linked to PayPal. (Only discrepency is my PayPal default payment method is another credit card and his default PayPal payment option is his bank account).

My son’s only top up option in Revolut is Gpay as he does not have a credit card. He could not link his debit card to Revolut as his German debit card is not in the format needed (with mm/yy expriation date and CVV number).

When trying to top up with GPay, the Revolut app shows ‘declined’ and the last four digits of the virtual MC number for his PayPal account linked to GPay.

Revolut customer service was unable to help. She referred him to consult PayPal to see if he could send money from PayPal to Revolut, instead of using the Revolut app to 'add money.

With the apparent demand there, wouldn’t it be easier if Revolut would allow for its users to link PayPal directly to their accounts as another option to Gpay and Apay?

Hi, it doesn’t work when Paypal is connected to a bank account.

It doesnt work for me. I mean I used it almost every day but now it just stopped working and I really miss it. Now there is the german message, that my cards arent accepted by the trader.

Same here. Support said there are some security mechanics which forbid it at the moment and they are working on fixing it…

any update? i still cant use paypal to top up :frowning:

Sadly no :confused: maybe enough people need to complain via support so they prioritize it more.

Hello!

I cant top up my Revolut card via Google pay.
My google pay is linked to my PayPal.

I’m in Germany.

Why this occurred?
This has happened last 2-3 weeks.

This was always possible before.
no idea why this stopped? Its much more easier that do it via bank transfer and wait few days.

Pllease give us some feedback!

1 Like

Hi!
I used to be able to top up my account using Gpay with Paypal to top up. But now the Paypal option is just greyed out saying that it is not accepted here. I’m in Germany.