Payments abroad by Revolut card

Hi there. While checking the transaction I made during my stay in Czech Republic, I noticed that there are 0.456% fee applied to payment made by Revolut Card.
in fact all transactions were with fees. Shouldn’t it be free of charge as per “Spend abroad with no fees” slogan in your promotion?

0 Likes

Are you sure there wasn’t any conversion by ther merchant involved? Do the transactions show up as CZK? Double check your transaction details, they show the original currency, rates and fees. If you’re not sure, you might want to post a screenshot here.

0 Likes

Was the payment on weekend?
:r: charges 0.5% if currency conversion takes places on weekend.

0 Likes

A 0.5% fee on a GBP / CZK conversion during the weekend would explain it. DCC for merchants is a rarity in the Czech Republic. I’ve been using Revolut for three years, I’ve made almost a thousand payments in the CZ, and DCC has only appeared in one store, Marks & Spencer.

0 Likes

Where do you see this “fee”? Can you post a screenshot?

0 Likes

Not for card payments

0 Likes

Sure. All transactions are affected.

0 Likes

here is the screenshot

0 Likes

All
thanks for your replies. Payments were made during Friday-Monday period, means not only week-end. Fees were applied to all payments. After checking the policies and rates, I found that currency exchange transactions are free up to EUR 6 000 per month and then it costs you 0.5% for every additional payment. I did a bank transfer in CZK at the beginning of August with was close to EUR 6k - seems it was a trigger for applying 0.5% markup thereafter.

1 Like