Payment to Amazon declined

A small payment of £14.33 to Amazon.co.uk was declined after several attemptsto pay this morning. There are more than sufficient funds in my account - almost £200. I attempted to contact support but was advised that a ‘live’ agent would not be available for four hours. Does this mean that I have to stay online for four hours or will I receive a message indicating that the agent is now available?

3 Likes

let the app running in the background in order to get the notification.Be sharp because live agent is hard to find.Also I strongly recommend to you Facebook messenger in order to get immediate response.

Hey there! Did you receive a specific error message when the payment failed? Are the failed transactions listed in your account?

No. There was no error message. The last transaction listed is an ATM withdrawal on 9 July. I have previously made payments to Amazon without problems. The Amazon error message states that repeated attempts at putting through the payment failed.

I currently have the same problem, 4 transactions “retracted” according to amazon. I have not retracted any payments and there are sufficient funds on the account.

Why do payment to amazon not work consistently.

I do not want to highjack this thread but I do not manage to generate a new topic so I am attaching this message to yours.

2022 bug still existing in Amazon Spain. You can buy but you can’t subscribe. Direct purchases are ok when paying with revolut. Subscriptions on the other hand are always rejected. Then you “change” the payment method to the very same card, and it works. But you have missed one day for delivery and you can’t relay on automatic procurement.

this happened to me today. I didn’t pay much attention and just added a new card. i googled this situation a d apparently, I’m not the only one had the problem. I stopped leaving payment info on ALL sites. can trust no sites.

Hi there!

Are you still facing issues with Payments to Amazon? :thinking:

Sorry to push this topic.
I never had issues with Amazon payments using my Revolut card, but since a few weeks I have like a 75% chance that my payment will get declined whenever I use Revolut. I tried to speak to Amazon but all they say is “For safety reasons, we cannot tell you the reason for the disruption. Contact your bank directly to resolve these payment issues.”

2 Likes

Welcome to our :r: community @TheAuthority :wave: . So sorry to hear about your problem. :frowning_face:

I would recommend to go through this FAQ link to understand the possible reasons behind this decline. Hope this helps. :ninja:

SG | Community Team

1 Like