Payment should empty one currency first before exchange other currencies

Hello, I made a payment online in €. But I had little amount €. So the payment went through 100% on my £ account with 0.5% fee on weekend.

I argue that the payment should empty my € first before charging my £. I would pay less exchange fee over the weekend in this case.

2 Likes

Hello @sixth,

You need to have sufficient funds in one single balance in order to make a transaction. If you don’t have enough funds in the balance of the local currency, it will default to your next largest balance and so on.

Take this for example: If I have 79€ and 100£ in my revolut account and I want to make a payment of 80€ on weekend. If revolut can debit my 79€ first, I will pay currency exchange fee for only 1€ left. Otherwise I need to pay the exchange fee for the whole 80€.

1 Like

I completely understand your point, however, the payment will not go through unless you have sufficient balance in one wallet. Unfortunately, payments in two currencies are not support, at least for now.

That is the reason why I post my idea here and trying to gain support. I hope revolut can consider to integrate this if you agree with me.

1 Like

This should probably be how it works. No doubt what sounds simplistic enough an idea is very complicated to implement however, this helpful approach to putting the user experience first would definitely be a big win

2 Likes

You’re right. This is not an easy task, but a bit more complicated idea. Of course not impossible :slight_smile:

Is it really that complicated? I cannot judge as I don’t work in Revolut. But my programming experience suggests it rather straight-forward.

Paypal does this way. It uses the entire balance of the currency and exchanges only as needed. Why Revolut couldn’t follow same way?

1 Like