Payment rejected, insufficient funds. Why???

I’m trying to make a purchase online using my Revolut card. The merchant is in China. (I’m in UK)
I loaded the card with more that what was needed.
Item is priced in US dollars, and the total value including shipping is $413. I loaded my card with $430.
When I tried to pay, the transaction was declined due to insufficient funds.
I understand there was a server issue around that time. So I have tried again today and its just the same
WHY IS THIS HAPPENING REVOLUT?

Hi @David425.

As I can see your card payments failed due to insufficient funds.

You need to have sufficient funds in one single balance in order to make a transaction. If you don’t have enough funds in the balance of the local currency, it will default to your next largest balance and so on.

Best,

Andreas K.

1 Like

You obviously didn’t quite understand.
I HAVE sufficient funds in US dollars. The currency the transaction is in, is also in US dollars.
The payment I’m trying to make is $413, and I have enough ($430) in the dollar account to cover it.
Why do you say I do not have sufficient funds, when clearly I do?
I have money in the Euro’s section on my account too.
I load it in UK pounds, but I never hold UK money. I always transfer it into Euro’s or dollars.

Of course I understand David. I can explain what happened via a direct message as I wouldn’t like to share private information here.

Good afternoon,

I have exactly the same issue here. I have £309 on my card and tried to pay online £170 but the transaction was declined. Please advise.

Kind regards

I am currently having the same problem, and it’s slight going annoying when I can’t purchase anything in the shop with my card. I have over the amount I am looking to spend but yet it is still saying “ insufficient funds please top up”

Can Anyone help?

Hello, i cannot create a new post, i will use this to advise that i’ve the same problem when i try to topup my revolut card with cards linked to curve, i get error message “insufficient funds” despite the cards declared in Curve has found (one is a credit card, the other one is a visa prepaid with a good balance). Can you check and advise me where is the problem?

This is a user community no Revolut support here. So no one here will be able to check this for you. Please contact Revolut support and/or Curve support.

Did you try to top-up directly, without Curve? This would be my first step trying to verify where it fails.

Hi there, I also have sufficient funds on my card but my transaction is failing due to insufficient funds. Please help!

Are you trying to pay with the good currency ? For ex : not trying to pay a 20$ bill with having 3$ balance + 27€ for exemple