Payment receipt issue

Hi!

A company has sent a payment on May 1st that I have never received. I asked for the receipt and it was a Revolut receipt mentioning that that transfer was completed. However, I noticed that the receipt had the wrong address on it– it was my previous address. I called my bank and they said that the payment was indeed never deposited into my account nor is it pending. They also said that in case of false information, the transfer should have bounced back to the sender– but the company claimed they never got the money back.

It’s been more than 30 days now. The Revolut receipt mentions that the payment was deposited into my account on May 1st, 5 hours after they sent it. Is it legitimate when they say that the payment went through even though it was the wrong address?

I do not know where my money is and they do not seem like they will be attempting to help any more than telling me that they payment was sent.

Thank you for you time :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello @farasoa :wave: ,

Welcome to our Community. We are sorry to hear that the payment hasn’t been credited to your account yet.

Transfer durations can vary depending on the bank, country, and currency being used. While we can process the transfer promptly, your bank may require additional time to deposit the funds into your account. Any delays in receiving the funds are solely dependent on their internal procedures. Revolut does not have control over this, but you can contact your bank directly to get an estimated timeframe for when the funds will be available.

In case the time limit has been surpassed, verify the transfer details with your bank and share our transfer confirmation receipt with them. Hope this helps. :pray:

SG | Community Team

Hi! Thank you for your answer.

I am quite confused as the company never asked me to create an account. They basically asked me for my direct deposit bank information and sent it on there– not to a Revolut account of mine.

They sent me a Revolut receipt with the transfer date being May 1st at noon and deposited in my bank account at 5pm.

The sending bank is the company’s but they are not answering furthermore when I ask them to check where the payment went with their institution.

I do not know if I am allowed to share their Revolut receipt of transfer publicly here. But I’d just like clarification on what you mentioned about needing an account– does that apply to bank transfers as well? I am very confused.

I also tried creating an account but I live in Canada and it is not available.

Thank you!

1 Like

Hello @farasoa :wave: ,

Thanks a lot for confirming the situation. You don’t have to create an account here to receive any bank transfer from us. Please double-check if you’ve provided us with the correct bank information.

Make sure to reach out to your bank with our transfer confirmation receipt if the timeline has already passed and you’ve given the correct details. They’ll help you locate the transfer in your account. :pray:

SG | Community Team

Hi,

I’ve already done all of these steps a thousand times. I called my bank, they confirmed that I indeed have never received the transfer/nor is it pending and that there is nothing more than I can do on my side. My bank information was also confirmed.

The only information that was off was my address but regardless, the receipt showed that the “transfer was received by recipient’s bank”.

Could you please help me or give me a phone number I can speak to someone to to locate my transfer? Nobody is helping me on this and it’s a big sum.

Thank you!

1 Like

@farasoa, We hear your concerns with the money, and we totally understand it.

In order to figure out what’s going on, we have to review the transfer confirmation receipt, but that’s not something we can do in the Community at the moment. Please reach out to us via email at help@revolut.com so we can provide further assistance. :pray:

SG | Community Team