Payment issues at weekends?

I attempted a US transfer today, from my USD balance to an account I have successfully used previously via the Revolut (Premium) app. It failed - twice.

I was told by the support rep (quote):

Please note there can be some issues on our payment processor’s side due to the weekends

This was sent on a Monday. Granted, it’s Christmas Day, and the payment processor may be closed. But I’m curious why this should have any affect on a digital payment. Isn’t this a 24/7 system? Should weekends/holidays factor?

Would appreciate getting some insight from a direct team member as to why this is happening.

1 Like

The TARGET2 system for example does not work in holidays or weekends, this is the same for the US fedwire, and ACH.

Good info @windozer.

I appreciate many banking facilities will be down over the holidays/weekends. The surprise is that this filters through to the end-user of Revolut.

I think the broader expectation is that a payment would simply be batched, and made the next day. A hard ‘failure’ message is odd to see!

Ah! This explains why it won’t allow me to send a payment to Coinbase today I hope? It’s my first time to attempt to send money and had me quite concerned. I will try again tomorrow.