Payment declined this morning, no refund

Hi,
Due to your technical issues this morning in France I had a declined payment in a store for 15,15 euros, but 15 min later the money came out from my account, how can I get a refund ??

Any idea ?
Thanks !

2 Likes

Same thing for myself here in Vietnam. 2 transactions were declined at the time yet have since been deducted from account. Am due a refund. Any update for you?

Don’t worry guys, the transaction is still in pending state, meaning that Revolut is awaiting either transaction confirmation or rejection of the ATM provider/merchant, and as soon as the transaction gets declined (max 10 days, but usually 2-3 days) the automatic refund will be credited to your account.

Same here. I had a payment declined from PayPal, now the cash is missing, it’s not in my PayPal account or my Revolut account and I can’t get any answers from Revolut. PayPal told me they don’t have it and that it was sent to Revolut, but I can’t speak to anyone at Revolut to get this issue sorted. Not happy at all.

Refunds with Paypal (or anyone, really) can take a couple days. Usually 2 to 3, but up to a week or so.

I was supposed to get a refund from a company nearly two weeks ago, the company have said they issued the refund so the problem is with Revolut I’ve tried to contact Revolut in the chat and by email but have had no response. I wouldn’t mind but the refund is a rather large amount and I need it back!

A company initiating a refund is one thing. All payment processors involved actually processing the payment is another. There are more parties involved than a merchant and Revolut. 2 to 3 days is what it takes in most cases, but about 10 working days is also not unusual.

Today is the 10th working day I’ve been waiting and still nothing and still no response from Revolut after days of sending them messages…

You can ask the merchant for a confirmation of the refund. There’s some sort of case number, I can’t remember how it’s called, that allows the payment processor to track a refund. You can provide this to Revolut’s customer support.

I’ve already got the proof and sent it to customer support via both the chat function and email four days ago but I’ve not had a response from either