Paying with Revolut in countries whose currencies are not listed in the app

Hello,

1. If I pay with my revolut card in Croatia or Bulgaria (both countries whose currencies are not listed in the Revolut app) what will the conversion be? Will it be EUR - HRK or GBP - HRK (for Croatia)?

2. If I pay for something for example in EUR and that account doesn’t have enough money to finalize the transaction, will the transaction be denied or money from another account will be taken to supplement the amount required to finalize the payment?

Ok, and for example if it takes my home currency first, how will the conversion be made, let’s say my home currency is RON, will it be RON - HRK or RON - EUR - HRK? and I suppose you cannot find the conversion rate anywhere…

1. Generally, RON - HRK
  2. Some POS terminals will offer you to charge your account in RON directly, but I wouldn’t recommend it.

Conversion rates can be found here:
Open the main screen
Click the icon in the upper-right corner
Switch to ‘Converter’ tab

Thanks a lot for your help!

Sometimes when you use an ATM, you will be asked to choose between a ‘credit’, ‘checking’ or ‘savings’ account. You should always choose either a ‘checking’ or ‘savings’ account.

If the ATM (or card terminal) asks whether you would like to complete the transaction ‘with conversion’ or ‘without conversion’, you should ALWAYS choose ‘without conversion’.

As a rule of thumb, you should always opt to be charged in the local currency of the country you’re in! If you’re in Thailand choose Thai Baht, in Spain, Euros or in the United States, Dollars.

If you choose ‘with conversion’, the merchant or ATM provider can apply their own exchange rate. This rate usually has a mark-up on the interbank rate, enabling the ATM provider or merchant to make a profit on your transaction.