Pay with Revolut QR code

It will be nice to have the option to pay at stores and receive payments from others. Currently, PayPal and Venmo are doing a great job on this matter. This way there is no need to use Apple Pay, Google or Samsung Pay. All you need is Revolut app to make and receive payments. Revolut also can save the transaction feeds charged by Apple, Google and Samsung.

4 Likes

You can just create a QR code containing the https://revolut.me/username. I highly doubt that you will see that kind of payment option at your local merchant. Revolut Business isn’t nearly popular enough to be a universally accepted method of payment.

2 Likes

Having QR codes is totally normal for AliPay and WeChat pay… honestly I do not understand why Revolut doesn’t have it?
Especially during the pandemic I stopped carrying coins with me and having a little QR code that I could have scanned to send some Euro to all the street musicians would have been a great option.

3 Likes

Hi,

in the Revolut are QR codes now. But we found a problem with reading some codes - the error started appearing around sometime in november.

We think, there is some problem with validation - on Adroid devices tha data are read correct for first time but after one second the form break down - contains incorrect data.

When we add the recipient manually and then scan QR code it works fine - but when we try edit recipient information it break down too - problem is on Android and iPhone devices.

Have you some ideas where is the problem?

Thank you,

best regards,

Jakub Drábek