Paid in USD Salary

I have been eagerly awaiting the arrival of personalised US IBANs in order to get my salary paid without the awful conversion rates that my UK bank gives me.

I tried using my EUR IBAN to receive the USD payment but that (to no great surprise) was rejected.

BUT, I have just been told that Revolut does, in fact, now accept third party payments to the USD Lloyds IBAN that can be used to top up in USD. Whilst I don’t want to question the assistant that advised this, I am a little confused as this appears to contradict everything I had previously seen.

Can anyone shed any more light on this? Are third party payments in USD now accepted?

Hi @jlaw,

Apologies for any miscommunication.

You can receive third party transfer to your EUR personal IBAN & UK current account.

Transfers from third parties (USD & other currencies), including but not limited to companies, friends & family, will be returned to the sender’s account after deducting processing fees of £5.

If someone else wishes to transfer money to your Revolut account, they can open their own account and then top it up via debit or credit card. They can then transfer this to you instantly via the ‘Send’ function.

Once again, apologies for any inconvenience & miscommunication.

I will personally review your chat history and forward it to the right person so we can prevent this from happening again.

Best,

Andreas K.

Salary and IBAN

So when will we be able to have salary in dollars paid into our revolut account ? Any idea when ?

Support from the in-app chat told me they are planning to launch that in the Q4 2017.

Any news/updates regarding personal USD IBANs?

@AndreasK In-app support’s telling me I indeed can receive 3rd party USD transfers.

This has recently changed.

You can find this info on our FAQs:

Can a friend make a transfer to my Revolut account?

Yes, you can receive third party transfers from friends and family directly into your Revolut account in any of these supported currencies:

GBP, EUR, USD, CAD, AUD, CHF, DKK, HKD, HUF, ILS, INR, NOK, NZD, PLN, SEK, SGD, TRY, ZAR.

Your friends can also open their own Revolut account and then top it up via debit or credit card. They can then transfer funds to you for free and instantly via the ‘Send’ function.

Best,

Andreas K

Receiving USD from American Business to Revolut Account