optionally delay Direct Debits until manually approved

I’m moving my daily banking from bunq to Revolut. One of the best features bunq has that Revolut lacks is that when a Direct Debit (DD) comes in, I can either

a) accept the DD and automatically accept any future DD from them
b) accept this particular DD once and be asked the same question again next time/month
c) decline the DD and all subsequent ones
d) check if I have enough funds in the Bills subaccount or wait until I’ve moved any missing funds internally or via SEPA Instant and then approve this particular DD

I usually choose option d) as it allows me to delay a DD by a few days or at least until I’ve made sure I have sufficient funds to not let the DD fail. It’s a lifesaver and has saved me a nice amount and hassle I would have had otherwise due to failed DD.

Details about how bunq do it can be found here: How can I pay direct debits with bunq? - bunq Together

2 Likes

The sort of controllable functionality to which you refer must be a significant factor which affects customer choice when it comes to using Revolut as a bank account.

1 Like

Hi @DunLaoghaire !

We are happy to have you on board with you, and we want to give you a warm welcome.

I have just gone through your suggestion, and it looks great. I will be sure to pass it over to our team, and we will see what we can do about this :slight_smile:

Hope you have a great day, and that you enjoy Revolut to its fullest!

Best,
Mariana

4 Likes

That feature would be great !

1 Like