Optional maestro card

It seems that you guys’ve been successfully advocating for Revolut Maestro card! :clap::rocket::r:

8 Likes

I’m living in Brussels now and I’m sure that Colruyt does not accept Visa Electron which is a debit card. They say it is a credit card. They are blocking brands and not credit or debit. I have seen this behavior before.

So if it is a Visa or Mastercard it is blocked. Does not matter if it is credit or debit, but the cashiers usually think it is because of it being a credit card. They don’t know better. Why companies decide it this way I’m not sure, maybe Mastercard and Visa are slow to transfer money? or the fees are higher than other brands?

Maestro is from Mastercard Group but different brand, so this can sometime not be blocked, but not sure if it has different fees than other debit cards from Mastercard itself.

@anon33247966

Will the Maestro card be available before this summer?

I was just able to order a Maestro Card.

4 Likes

Here in the Netherlands I can’t order it.

Don’t know if they are planning to all EU countries

1 Like

With Revolut? That would be the news!
Which country you are registered from?

2 Likes

Yes with revolut. I’m registered in Germany

2 Likes

Wow, that’s great news!
Does anybody received a Maestro Card already?
Can you show us how does it look, when you get it?

2 Likes

I was just able to order one too from Switzerland.

2 Likes

How many cards did you have before you ordered the Maestro?

One physical card only.

@anon33247966 Do you have more info?

Hm - since a Maestro card technically is a different scheme to Mastercard/VISA - why does it count against the 2 (or three in some cases :slight_smile: ) card limit per account?

Doesn’t really make sense that people with two Mastercards/VISA cannot order a Maestro card for its intended use for a better acceptance.

Or am I missing something here? :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Fully agree!
I hope Revolut will allow us to order Maestro as the 3rd card.

3 Likes

Why? What difference does having a MasterCard or a Visa card make, especially in the UK. Both are accepted at practically identical places universally in my experience. In fact, I cannot remember a place that only accepted one and not the other. Unless you’re meaning Virtual cards?

1 Like

Exactly the same situation is here in the Czech Republic. Contactless cards are accepted everywhere and it doesn’t matter if you have MC or Visa.

I had 2 physical Cards and I couldn’t order the maestro as a 3rd card. I needed to remove one card first.

And that’s NOT how it should be :frowning:

3 Likes

I removed a MasterCard, so only one Visa Card is in the app, but I can only choose for an extra physical Visa Card (The Netherlands).

3 Likes

It is not available in the Netherlands, support could not tell me how long we have to wait.

For those who already ordered the card, how does it look like (in the app) and of course when you receive it

2 Likes