Oops, Something went wrong

Hello,
Since Friday been trying to set up the app to get the card asap.
Keep getting error “Oops, Something went wrong” with the option to either retry (nothing happens) or Done.

Thanks!

Hi there. Do you have an account?

Hello Andreas, I created a user, just so I could post here. I have no actual account, because I keep getting this error when I add my phone number to get the app.

Can you assist in getting this set up?
Thanks!

Could you please try to download the app from the app store or google play?

I see now that you (Revolut) are not available in Curaçao yet, although as per your FAQ you cAn deliver the card here. so, I could not select Curacao from the dropdown.
I guess that explains the issue.

Is there an alternative way I can still get the card, because I travel a lot for work and it would be great to be able to use your services. Note here that Curaçao is part of the Dutch Kingdom just like Aruba, which IS available on the Revolut list.

as an idea regarding the error message, since the site geo targets and shows my country areacode by default and also the url www.revolut.com/cw, maybe have the error message say “Revolut is not available in Curaçao yet”

Kindly advise…
Thanks!
Mário

hello Andreas,

I believe the issue is because Revolut is not in the countrylist.

Is there another way to still make use of your service? I am travelling to
Amsterdam and London on Feb 1 and will need to be able to use your card.

Kindly let me know,…

=Thanks!
Mário

We’re currently focusing services on the EEA, expecting this to be temporary and looking forward to expand globally :wink:

Hi I have the same issue. A friend send me a unique invite link and when I enter my phone number on https://www.revolut.com/ca/ and click on get started it shows, something went wrong I am from Canada and it is on the list.

I also have no account yet. I tried to reach you but you are closed for a chat and there is no email option.

Anyway, I download the app from the app store.

PS: Other users that are not so savvy might just give up… and lose customers…

PPS: How will my friend now benefit from this? Will he lose the referal?

I have same issue - I can not make any payment. It has started 18.02. I have tried to reinstall app but no success. Still same message.

Hi I have same issue. I can not issue any payment- always receive message: “Oops, Something went wrong” even if I was able previously to realize payment - it is started about 18.02

I have similar issue - I can not make any payment I recewive message Something went worng… It has started 18.02. I have tried to reinstall app but no success. Still same message. Can you let me know what I can do with that. I was able to to such payment previously

Hi @anon33247966, I want to register a Revolut account however after I downloaded the app it show something went wrong. I based in Germany. Please PM me.

I have the same issue. Try to add money from a credit card. After I enter the CVC code and press continue I received that message. I tried several times yesterday and today. I checked with my credit card provider and all is good there. So it seems to be a problem with Revolut.

Hi , I should receive today my payroll into my account but I haven’t received.

I am trying to talk with a live agent and I can’t.

Someone has got the same problem???
Thanks

HELP NEEDED: Problem: access lost: months in hospital, all details lost, new device, need recover my identity, i.e. ref. 27019472 = george winkler, what can I do, where do get access to solve the problem? how to recover my detaills?sincerely george d winkler

I’m having the same problem right now, I haven’t even use the card yet, I’m trying to add money and something went wrong message shows up. Did you manage to fix the problem? Because on the chat they don’t help at all and I’m going out of the country soon and really need the card, I don’t have time to get another one.

Hi I cannot set up account. Did it first time on my phone, got as far as email part and then got the oops something went wrong. Went tried again, its saying I’ve set up an account before with different number. Deleted app and re installed and still not working.

Guys, please help. My app keeps crashing after I input my password or scan my fingerprint. I tried reinstalling it and it behaves the same - the part where I put my credentials and verify my identity works perfectly, but after that it’s the same - I click on the icon, it scans my fingerprint and it just crashes… it looks like it has something to do with displaying info regarding my account?!

i have a problem when creating a card