OFX/QFX formats when exporting transaction history

It would be very useful for accounting software to track spending to be able to export transaction histories in OFX/QFX formats. Currently exporting to CSV is nice but requires some altering before transactions can be successfully imported.

Considering Revolut is trying to appeal to the business market, this would be a feature a lot of accounting departments would appreciate having.

9 Likes

@chorougu I support your idea. It would very useful to be able to export data in OFX or QIF.
However, how did you manage to export data in csv ?

1 Like

I’ve exported as CSV, but i need to change the file to import to my budgeting software, which is a hassle…
QIF would be very welcome! :slight_smile:

1 Like

+1 for QIF exports - having to convert it to QIF myself for my budgeting software is a real pain

1 Like

I totally support this idea. I’ve just used Revolut for a lot of transactions, mainly low-value Uber journeys, and there’s no easy way to export the transactions from Revolut into financial management software.

2 Likes

+1. Same for me. The date format and the “payed in” and “payed out” columns require the CSV to go through a script.

1 Like

I would also support this idea - qif file format is the most useful for accounting packages.

1 Like

Hi @chorougu @Rsfreitas @astutecat @NFH @b12 @plan
I have created a small service to automatically convert Revolut CSV to QIF and want to prove if there is any need of it.

Here is it: https://revolut2qif.tolbxela.com

The service fixes some problems of Revolut CSV and determines the right payee.
No data from CSV files is saved on the server except of total amount and total sum of transactions. I wanted to make the service absolutelly safe to use.
It is a fully working prototype now with minimal functionality. I could made it much sofisticated, if it needed. I am pretty curious how much it will be used. :slight_smile:
Have fun with the service and give some feedback, if you like it or not.

1 Like