NY subway ticket machines

I’m going to NYC soon. Is this issue fixed or We’re still unable to use Revolut to buy NYC subway tickets?

No, it’s not fixed. Don’t try to buy it with the card unless you wanna wait over 2 weeks for your money to come back. I’m still waiting and it was 2 weeks ago today.

2 Likes

My money is STILL not back and the support chat isn’t working. I’m very disappointed with the complete absence of any assistance from Revolut with this issue. @anon33247966 has not replied to me either. Why are customers being treated like this?

Hey @Dorothy :slight_smile:

Reading :r:'s Twitter feed, it looks like some users are already being restored to normality and they’re working hard to refund everyone ASAP.

They had a 24h+ backlog yesterday :frowning:
I’m afraid they’re probably overloaded. You can always try with Twitter:
https://twitter.com/Revolutapp

@anon33247966, like most legally hired employees, has some free days or some other duties to fulfill. Wish there were more employees in this community though :confused:

Everyone wonders that until today :frowning:

1 Like

I know all this. How is any of that helpful?

Can you please not be condescending? If you’re trying to help here, statements like that certainly don’t. :-1:

Hey @dorothy :slight_smile:

You’ve got your point there. I can’t resist it from time to time.

I’ll go away then :wink:

Hey! Massive apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

Due to recent server issue we had, we were receiving an usual number of requests.

Please let me know if you need help.

1 Like

Hello everyone!

This topic is old but I can confirm to you, in March 2018, the metrocard machine still doesn’t work with Revolut card! I’ve been debited two times for the first charging, three times for the second charging! It was 9 days ago and I still not have my money back.
I asked MTA for confirmation code for the transaction, but they can’t do anything without me mailing my metrocard (and I can’t do it from France when I come back!), and Revolut can’t do anything either without this code.

Did anyone here get refunds after the 10 days? I really feel like I’ve lost my money :disappointed_relieved:

Uff still not working? It’s been over 1.5 years since this issue was reported!
I’m traveling to NY next week but seeing this situation I will then use a different card. I prefer to be charged a few cents rather than losing the balance in my card twice or thrice for over 10 days (!!).

Does it also fail in other transit systems in the US?

1 Like

I didn’t have any problem with other machines here, in shops, restaurants or withdrawal. Only the MTA machines have this problem.

Thanks @Lalyanou, will take it into account when purchasing the MTA tickets.

Even better today, I was debited two times and I don’t even have the credit on my metrocard!
If someone is going to new-york, don’t buy metrocard or tickets with your Revolut card, it’s a scam. I don’t even get back my cash from 10 days ago. :rage:

Still not working. Tried 00000, 999999 and leaving it blank. Interestingly the transaction is being reverted by the MTA systems. This means that it’s actually the MTA systems which are declining the transaction presumably based on the results of an AVS check by the Revolut systems. I think the Revolut systems are not setting the appropriate return code on the AVS check.

Hi there! I’ve just returned from NY, Boston and Washington and I also tried 00000 and 99999 and it didn’t work. But, I tried my debit card with option credit card and my real zip code (Spain) and it worked in everyone :).

1 Like