Not Valid Debit Card

Hi,

I was trying to add my Revolut card into my barclaycard Visa credit card to pay the balance and I get this notification about the Revolut card

CloudApp

It says it is not a valid card. I have used the card to make a payment using my PIN successfully. I have double checked the number etc.

What gives?

Actually, Revolut’s card is a prepaid card, not debit card. Maybe there is the problem…

2 Likes

You might want to double check Revolut‘s T&Cs. i remember vaguely they don’t allow payments to other financial institutions by card. You can make a bank transfer to your Barclays account, though.

1 Like

Yeah, that is what I did - I transferred the money instead. I always do that with Transferwise anyway, just thought it would be quicker & easier to have another card stored for paying the Visa card off.

TransferWise gives you a debit card, revolut’s present itself a prepaid card. A work around I found was to use Curve in front of :r:'s

this also helps with the withdrawal limits on supported currencies btw

1 Like

That’s interesting. Not come across Curve. I will investigate that, thank you.
So, if I was withdrawing cash from an ATM from Revolut card via Curve, the monthly limit would be bypassed?

I think Transferwise has not fully rolled out the debit cards. Last time I logged in to my main dashboard it said that they were coming at some point.

Obviously not. You are still using the same Revolut card in the background :wink:

correct. just be careful to set the right currency on the curve app so they don’t do any currency exchange. it’s cheap but :r:evolut’s is better :wink:

the thing is the underlying card sees the withdrawal as a purchase. so revolut in this case doesn’t count it as cash withdrawal and therefore you aren’t affected by that limit

1 Like

really? Wow, I have to check it then :slight_smile:
Thank you!

1 Like

and if that’s not enough, curve has cashback on some stores :wink:

it’s the perfect companion for your :r: card. _Sign up with code ULEJD & get £5 http://bit.ly/2cSm3VB_

https://www.imaginecurve.com/rewards