Not able to Verify Account

hi i tried to verify but used my daughters passport by accident and now when i go to verify it says you have to be 18 years old to use the service

Hello, I have tried to verify my account three times, with clear National ID and selfied pictures. Allways getting the “something went wrong” message.

I cannot open a new forum question as I am new user, and there is no other way to contact any of the support staff.

Can anyone help?
p.

@anon33247966 @anon71086934 I’m having the same kind of problem. Someone called Christian started to chat to me to unblock my account, I gave him the proper details, he told me my account was unblocked, but it still hasn’t been and the app says I need to verify my identify again. The app opened a new chat to get help but no one is answering.

All I see when I try to log in is this:

Same here. Upgraded iPhone, same number. I know my PIN, Revolut doesn’t any more. So now I’m in the never ending loop of tapping the ‘authenticate’ and it comes back to enter your PIN. Revolut seems to think I’m on iOS12.8 but my new phone is 13.4. What a waste of time.

Hello @anon33247966 everytime I go on the revolut app and try to put in my number it says “we’re sorry something had gone wrong, please try again later”.

Or it would let me put my number in but when I try to create a code it says the same thing.

Would u be able to help me please !

Bonjour,
L’application ne semble plus me reconnaître, me demande de me réinscrire et quand je donne l’email avec lequel je me suis inscrite initialement m’envoie le message « email déjà utilisé »…
Comment puis-je me reconnecter à mon compte?
Pouvez-vous m’aider s’il-vous-plaît?
Merci

I’ve had a similar problem for more or less two weeks! My account was blocked because I didn’t provide my source of income (my dad since I’m a student) and now that I uploaded all documents no one seems to be able to help me :confused: Revolut is my only account so I’m struggling

They didn’t ask me anything. I have had no communications for this.

Hi Andreas, Can you help me get access to my UK account? I have been locked out for days after updating my app to 7.2 in Australia. Thank you

Hello,
the app no longer recognizes my passcode, I followed the procedures, but nothing has changed. A colleague of yours in the chat made me install the app again, but I still couldn’t get in, plus I no longer had a chance to communicate with you.
Can you help me?

Similar problem. Cant verify my account because it says that you have to be 18 to do that. It doesnt even let me photograph my id, just a pop up appears that i have to be 18. Any way to get help?

Hi I am in the same situation but with some additional layers of complication added on because of my burying my head in the sand.

I noticed this problem after an update by Samsung. when i entered the pass code my phone freaked out and actually rebooted. Anyway i uninstalled the app and then tried to log in. It was asking me to sign up again. As i am in a long running dispute with 02, as i got an astonishingly high phone bill, after never paying more than £15 per month. I stopped my DD to them. Until i got an answer to the high bill, and as i was unable to pass security immediately, I just got a temp sim. Anyway, I cant log in using the lost access to your number and cant set up a new account. So well stuck. hopefully someone can point me in the right direction as the ability to contact anyone when you don’t have the app is nearly impossible.

kind regards
mark

Hi @anon33247966, I’m currently having the same problem: I changed my phone and am unable to login to my account, even with the right pin number, and when I try to reset it, I’m stuck in a loop with an e-mail sent to my mailbox but which sends me back to the pin page… and so on. Could you please help me?
Thanks!!

Hi I created my account a few weeks before I turned 18 and it is not letting me verify my account now, could u help out

@anon33247966,If I don’t have access to the app chat, will anyone on the team respond to this community?
Please, will you give me back access to my account?

Me Too… cannot verify my ID. No reason given. Tried about 5 times. This is ridiculous

can someone check my ID too. It seems the application stack and i cannot log in or verify i get the notifivation “the verification code or phone number you enteres is incorect” and i cannot do anythnig else.

Hi

I’ve been using Revolut for a year+ now with no issues until today. My phone crashed so I had to reset it, which led to re-installing the Revolut app (same phone, same number). I’m stuck at the “Let’s take a quick selfie to check that it’s really you” stage - I take my selfie but when i click on the “continue” button it keeps saying “Oops something went wrong! Please try again later.”

Could you or someone else from the team please help?

Thanks,
Constantina

I have problem with permanent resident ID. I have a passport size permanent resident ID which onfido doesn’t reconize. Because no human is checking it, I can’t verify it.

Hello. I have same problem for a day now and i uploaded 10 times already and its says failed try again with light i brought my light into the id and my face and its still not working.
Can u please help me?