Not able to use Revolut Business Basic account for freelance activities anymore, what to do?

Hi, I am using Revolut Business in Germany for my freelance activities.

I received an email today saying “You may remember us emailing you on 03 May 2024 about your plan being updated.”, although I didn’t receive any email about my plan being updated on 3rd May…

This email requested me to provide information about my business. I tried to fill the information, but I don’t have a business registration number for my freelance activities… I clicked on the button “My business type isn’t listed”, and I saw the following information: “[…] If you’re a sole trader who isn’t registered in the local business registry, you can still open a freelancer account in the Revolut App. Discover Revolut Pro […]”.

I also saw in this forum that Revolut Business accounts do not support freelancers anymore… Transfer Revolut Business Frelancer Pro into Revolut Busines Grow

So what can I do? Opening a Revolut Pro account and closing my Revolut Business account would be super annoying for my tax declaration I think, so is it possible to transfer my Revolut Pro to a Revolut Business account?

Thanks

2 Likes

Unfortunately, you need to close the business account and reopen a new Pro account in the regular app.

It’s hard to give advice about bookkeeping here, but it shouldn’t be too much of a hassle. Both business and Pro accounts are accessible via PSD2 APIs and can be connected to multibanking and various bookkeeping apps. You can also download a CSV file with the complete account history of your business account for backup (in addition to account statements).

I’ve switched years ago without any headaches.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot for the quick reply. I will do that then, but it’s incredible that after only a few months of using my Revolut Business account I need to close it because freelancer are not supported anymore in this plan… Gotta love online banking.

2 Likes

Well, Revolut launched business accounts in 2017 if I remember correctly. Freelancers were supported for 7 years on this platform. It makes sense to me that Revolut does not maintain two different plans, apps, support departments … aimed at the same user group.

2 Likes

Hello @yzokras Welcome to the community. :wave:

I understand this might be frustrating. Revolut Business will be exclusively offered to legal entities, partnerships, and sole traders that are registered in the local Business Registry.

Transferring from a Revolut Pro account to a Revolut Business account isn’t currently possible. For unregistered freelancers like yourself, we recommend applying for a Revolut Pro account.

Thank you @Frank for your insights. :star2:

Hope this helps. :pray:

Veda | Community team

2 Likes

Hello, I have the same problem, that freelance support is stopped.
My question:
When I now want to go for Pro plus Basic, do I need to make the same paperwork again, with photo sending etc or is there a possibility to shift all the existing information already interenally at Revolut?

2 Likes

You need to provide your business information again. There’s no option to just switch over. “Pro” is an add-on to the personal account. When you don’t have an active personal account yet, you need to sign up for that first. Then you can add “Pro” to your personal account.

2 Likes

Hello @Matt69 Welcome to the community. :wave:

Thank you @Frank that is correct. Unfortunately, switching directly from Freelancer to Pro plus Basic isn’t currently possible. :pray:

Veda | Community team

1 Like