Not able to register any debit card because of address verification.

I have tried and tried to register my two UK debit cards for topping up my Revolut account. One I used for months and months until they introduced AVS (address verification service) I believe. From then on it was declined. I tried to add add another UK card with the same problem. I have been onto both UK banks to check it is the same address and it is. The only difference is that Revolut makes you put Country in first and then pcode so I assume it is the order it doesn’t like. This I find extremely inconvenient as I now have to go onto the banks and send payments instead. The debit cards are from the same accounts. Please please let me go back to the card I’ve used for years. Don’t understand the problem !!!

Hi @DiWalker,

Thank you for contacting us.

Just to clarify, AVS is not a new feature. It seems that you were able to top up before we changed payment processor. Looks like our new payment processor spots an address mismatch.

You will need to contact your bank and explicitly ask them to change your AVS address, because this needs to match your Revolut account address. Banks store your address in different databases so your billing address might not necessarily be the same as your AVS address

The Address Verification System (AVS) is a system used to verify the address of a person claiming to own a debit card. The system will check the billing address of the debit card provided by the user with the address on file at the debit card company.

Best,

AndreasK

Hi Andreas
Thank you for contacting me about my post. That was extremely efficient. I hear what you are saying and I will contact the banks concerned yet again. I had checked at both banks and they were correct but did not realize they may have a different AVS address. They did check what Visa was holding in case that was stopping it but that was fine. This may have come about because last year in France we were all given road names and numbers not just house names anymore. I added it to my Revolut account and also the two banks but you are probably correct that they may also be holding the original.
I thank you for your help and see what I can sort out next week.
For the record I have always thought Revolut is absolutely brilliant and have recommended numerous friends to join you including my son in law who is a business man and very finance savvy. He now uses it all the time and can’t believe he was put right by his mother in law!!!
Pity I have had this problem but hopefully it will soon be resolved.
Many thanks.
Kind regards
Dianne

Hello again
I thank you for the information and I have followed up by doing as you said. My Hsbc bank have said they do hold the same address in all day bases and it is the one that Revolut hold.
I tried again to register the card with the same billing address failure.
I think I am going to give up as I have tried so many times and I have also had the same result with my Nationwide card. I can however Topup with Apple Pay using the same Nationwide card which seems somewhat odd.
I can also Topup by sending a payment from both Nationwide and HSBC so I do have a method. It was just that having the cards registered for Topup was the most convenient and cut out the step of going onto the banks to send payments.
Thank you for trying to help.
Kind regards
Dianne

I’ve had the same issue since day one of using Revolut. None of the support team were able to assist, only advise that the AVS address may not match. Checked with my bank and all was correct.

In the end I gave up trying to top using my debit card and use the top up by bank account option instead.