Non present transactions

I think there are confusions. At least, I’m confused about this post.
I’m french and I was two days ago at an online automated gas station. I’ve never been to an offline one, in France. I say it’s online because as the transaction is denied, after I entered my pin code, Revolut app shows me a message instantly for the declined transaction saying :
Sorry, automated fuel dispensers are not supported. What the heck ?!?! I had enough on my card, I tried a few times and it just kept on not working, and showing the message in the app for the declined transactions.

So : doesn’t Revolut allow transactions for gas stations which are online and working with N26 for example ?
All the fuss about the risk etc is non applicable here, it’s just silly that those automated gas stations which are online, and seem to work just like any other terminal at any shop or else, which take the full limited price for the max number of liters you can take, and then reimburse the difference between the actual gas taken and the full amount.

@anon33247966 do you have insight into the situation ?

By the way, for problems with gas stations, I think this post is more relevant : Pay at Pump