No more currency rate chart?

The functionality is still there guys.

Just select R logo on bottom tool bar left
Then select star (favourites) on top tool bar
Then select Watchlist in Favourites
Then add currency pair of interest
Then you will see history chart

2 Likes

I really miss this feature! I hope they revert these changes as the buy and sell is just confusing for people who are not familiar with FOREX trading…
Real deal breaker…

1 Like

Hi Frank, I may need your help to understand something. In the past with this exchange button, I thought that buy and sell rates were the same, which means I could go back and forth between EUR and GBP and have the same amount back. Example: £1 => 0.88€ => £1. Now, with these buy and sell rates, the gap between those rates makes generates an exchange fee. Example: £1 => 0.88€ => £0.97

Can you please tell me if I am wrong when I think that before there was no gap, which means no loss or exchange cost? If I am wrong, does that mean that this change (exchange button to buy/sell buttons) has no effect on the cost but is just a cosmetic/logical change?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Josselin

This was never the case. What you’re describing is called a mid-market rate. With Revolut, there was always a spread.

Hi Frank, thank you for confirming! However, this spread is one of the best that we can have, am I right?
Cheers

My first thought when I didn’t see Exchange but instead saw “Buy” and “Sell” was the same “making it feel like bank/stock trading”.

So glad the old functionality is still there hidden away – I do hope that the mistake isn’t in Revolut leaving the old feature available but in not have the “exchange” but still where we expected it to be .

Yeah - the functionality is there - just not where it’s needed. I liked doing a market exchange and seeing the current rate and the timeline graph in the same place so I could trigger my exchange. Now, those are buried in ‘watchlists’, which have to be set up manually and are a different part of the app. It’s a UI issue and presumably very easy to remedy.

Here’s a hint:

When on the home screen, start to exchange like before, by tapping on buy or sell. You should now see the new screen without the graph. But the graph is accessible from here! Tap on the exchange rate just below the headline.

Hi Frank. Thanks but that doesn’t work. If I tap on that, it brings up a page saying Sell (in my case) EUR, and then below that says the Market Order exchange rate as you say, but tapping on that only gives me the option to change to a market, stop, or limit order. No graph.

Then you might be up for a surprise with the next release.

1 Like

YEYYYY!!! That’s great :slight_smile:

Cheers, Frank :slight_smile:

1 Like

:clap: This answer should be pinned at the beginning. Thanks zapata

Cannot create new topic so will ask here.

Don’t see rate chart with cryptocurrency, when click this icon near R redirect me to stock, cryptocurrency, goods… when enter stock, goods i see chart with all stock raiting BUT when ender cryptocurrency he automatically give me option to buy cryptocurrency but cannot see raiting. Can chose 1 currency and see how price change but don’t see all in one window and cannot find this…

1 Like

YES it is true no more currency chart. its really sad i tried to contact support team on chat and they told its permanent and its not coming back . i really wish someday it comes back because it was really helpful.

1 Like

The charts are there. You have to press the star button and then add new (currency, cryptocurrency, stocks and commodities)

1 Like

Depending on your app version, it’s even closer.

It’s linked from the rate shown under the page title of the Buy/Sell page. So it’s accessible not only via Favourites but every time one opens the former Exchange page that now became Buy/Sell.

1 Like

frank what should be app version ?

1 Like

I am not sure when (which app version number) this got introduced but if it’s not available yet for you I would expect it to be available with the next release.

1 Like

I think the Watchlist rate and graph (also accessible from the Exchange screen) shows the midmarket rate, not the specific sell or buy rate used in the exchange. So an auto-exchange or alert based on the Watchlist rate is pretty useless, and there is no history of the actual rate I’m using in the exchange.

I couldn’t find a Help article explaining the FX spread, or the difference between the Watchlist rate and the actual buy or sell rate.
Showing 2 different rates in different places of the app should be properly explained. Also, graphs of the actual buy and sell rates would be really useful.

I noticed the same thing that @andreisommer mentioned.
Having 2 different rates is really confusing.

I actually stopped exchanging any currency because I thought this was a bug.
The second thought was this is some (masked if you will) mark-up that we need to pay for the exchange, like how it happens during weekends.

Does anyone have more info about this?

Cheers