New ToS: Free service is being degraded as we speak

Thanks, that’s good to know! :+1:

1 Like

Well not sure.
I have discovered something strange.
I have used the same French base Mastercard to refill my R account
In February '20, I paid no fee.
In July 20, I started to pay a small fee.
It appears that Revolut is now seen as a merchant whose transactions are ‘cash withdrawal’ labeled whereas it was not the case in the past.
I’ve asked the bank which issued the card when the change happened at their level.
Waiting for the answer.

I asked the Mastercard supplier about this

Was this French card a debit or credit card?
Generally up to this point any fees (on the card used for topup) mentioned in this forum were related to credit cards being used for topup. Or at least what I was aware of.

1 Like

This is a credit card by Mastercard & other standards.
But the card hasn’t changed between February and July.
The card is in fact a free card associated with a standard revolving credit where

• For merchant payment, you don’t pay interest if you reimburse everything when the statement is issued
  • For cash withdrawal, interest always run from the date the transaction is made
    So in February, Revolut TopUp was considered as a Merchant transaction by the Mastercard network, and in July it is considered as a cash withdrawal.
    I have no idea if such a change happened also for Visa.
    Given the usually differing conditions we have on regular bank cards, this may create quite a few interesting situations

Apparently, the Merchant code (MCC) sent by Revolut to the issuer was changed in the meantime, causing many credit cards to consider the Revo topup as a cash withdraval
Check this thread: What is the situation with the MCC for topup?

1 Like

Thanks for outlining that conversation. It will be very useful when the card issuing bank’s will arrive to compare the behaviors.

1 Like

I’ve got a response from the bank which has issued the card.
“Not taking interests on your transaction was a mistake due to IT issues.”.
Well, it doesn’t provide any additional clue.

The next statement include interests based on a 0€ capital. Well, Well, in addition to the MCC code of Revolut, some banks seem to struggle with such transactions.

Hello everybody!
Would really appriciate any help or advices if somebody already been in the situation like my read as below.
On 5th of august transfered from my Revolut account 4500£ to my another bank account, that is large amount of money for me, and the money just vanished. At first support team, instead of doing something, was insuring me to wait a litlle and money would arrive, but they didn,t. Now they opened the investigation case and said to me, I have to wait another 2 weeks (10 working days). Fill myself totally devastating. Have read in internet and found a lot of cases like my, where transfered payments just disappearing like my.
The support team doesn,t give a lot of details and just keep sayind to wait.
As I said, would apriciate any help or real usefull advices what to do next to get my money back on either account?