New phone number, cannot access app

Dear sir/madam,

I have recently changed my phone number, but I forgot to update Revolut with this new number.

Can you help me access the app?

Thanks

Hi @BojanBlazevic.

I can help :slight_smile:

Send me a direct message so we can get int touch!

Best,

Andreas K.

1 Like

Thanks Andreas, what are the next steps?

Check your inbox please :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello AndreasK,

I have the same problem.
I asked a live agent to change my French phone number to a number from Ivory Coast. He said he did and asked me to log out to log back in. Which I did. But, when I tried to log back in I found out there is no +225 country code! (The country code of Ivory Coast is +225) and my French number isn’t linked to my account anymore. Can you send me a DM so I can give you details for you to fix this please?

Thanks !!!

1 Like

Sure! Check your inbox :slight_smile:

Hello Andreas, same thing here. I changed the phone number right after getting the app up and running and forgot to update with the new phone. Worst part I have deleted everywhere my old number and I cannot retrieve it anywhere. I do remember the email, pin code of that might help.
Anyhow, willing to use the card for an upcoming trip and I am looking to get back access to the app.
Rgds

Hi Andreas,
I’ve recently moved from the uk(North of Ireland) to Australia and my UK number was linked to my card. The app updated and I do not have access to my UK number to receive texts. Would you be able to advise or help? I’d really appreciate it😊,

Thanks,Clodagh

Hi @anon33247966 could you help me with the above query please?
Thank you😊

Hi, I’ve recently got a new number and need to update my details. My old number no longer exists, how do I change the number

@anon33247966 - I have the same problem - updated phone and now app doesn’t work and I cannot reset my passcode. Can you please help?

My Revolut app is linked to an old phone number which I don’t have (it it not active now). How can I change the phone to access the app again? Please help

Hi I have the same issue, can someone please help me https://community.revolut.com/u/andreask? My issue is compounded by the fact that Revolut soft launched in New Zealand over 2 years ago, I don’t have the old phone number (now UK based) and I don’t remember the passcode (I’m not convinced I set one up to get on the waitlist, as my usual iPhone one isn’t working). Please help.

Hi,

My phone got stolen as well as the numbre registered in Revolut. I tried all the possible steps through the app but it’s just not having it. Would appreciate your help.

My Revolut app is linked to an old phone number which I don’t have (it it not active now). How can I change the phone to access the app again? Please help

@anon33247966 - I have the same problem - I am using a new number as I’ve moved country and don’t have access to my old number or remember what my passcode is for that number. Can you please help?

Thank you!

I have the same problem - I am using a new number as I’ve moved country and don’t have access to my old number or remember what my passcode is for that number. Can you please help?

I dont even remember which email i used or number… When i wished to register it said i already created an account.

Thank you!

Hi there, I have a similar problem. Got a new phone and new number and have no access to my old mobile. I cannot log into the account, neither into the app as I keep getting to a point where it asks for an ID check, and I fail because it tells me I already have an account. That also means I cannot access any in-app support and that seems to be answer I get. Could you please help - to either delete the old account and help me regain access? Thank you in advance.

Hi there, I have the exact same problem. I moved back to the states and changed my number. I didn’t update it within revolut. I’ve tried calling and the chat function with no answer. Could you please help me regain access to my account and money please? Thank you in advance!!