New permission in 7.3

Does anybody know why Revolut requires a new permission as of 7.3?

https://developer.android.com/reference/android/Manifest.permission#REORDER_TASKS

Why would the application need appear on-screen without user interaction now?

@anon33247966

@Rainbow @Bil @klusek @Darianna @S4ndra

To clarify Z-Order doesn’t correspond to apps. It refers to the order of an item within an application view; it’s commonly used in website development and is now within Android

I imagine they’re using it for buttons somewhere, but as mentioned in the link you provided, it’s not a security risk and is associated with ‘normal’ as such

In this context it does. You do not need a permission for elements in your own application. This permission appears to allow the application to bring itself back to the foreground. As it says, “tasks”.

I was referred to the chat :slight_smile:

Based on experience I rather doubt they will be able to answer the question, but who knows :slight_smile:. Off to the chat to clarify it then.

Support was very friendly but clueless as ever. The chat was closed and I was asked to try later again. So yes, as expected support couldnt help either.

As instructed, I contacted them today again but support definitely does not know why that permission was added.

Much more strange is that the app has a special access level permission to control you Wi-Fi settings. I see no reason why they would need that other than to collect data about what networks you use. When asking customer support they only provide some bs answer that its needed to connect over Wi-Fi. When you disable it nothing really changes in experience.