New EUR IBAN, no announcement?

Not a real member? Are you from alternate earth or something?

Maybe you are…UK has been avoiding being a full part of EU due to their historical need to be the boss of Europe.Unfortunately,Germany is the machine of Europe something that cannot be tolerated from them.50€ for history lesson.When the Revolut IBAN is full operational you can pay me.

British self esteem problems have nothing to do with the FACT that right this moment UK is one of 28 MEMBERS of EUROPEAN UNION.

There is nothing else to debate here.

If you think that 28 are equal among them you must be naive.A country,which refused to join the common currency had made its intentions known ages ago.

Not only do you like stirring up nonsense with zero substantive points when presented with detailed argumentation (Apple Pay support - #278 by Povilas)…

But also that you are a radical EU nationalist.

Where did i say that every country has equal footing in the EU? Denmark and Sweden doesn’t have euro either. Every country has the right to negotiate based on their relevance and weight in EUROPE.

I think the only naive person here is you.

Really? Pointing the simple fact that UK is part of EU right this moment is radical EU nationalism? WTF are you smoking, pal.

The exit will be happening.

In regards to the point about the ‘UK still being a member state of the EU’… legally, yes, but the motion is in place to start this process long before.

Juncker said that English will no longer be a language of the EU. The FCA is no longer seconding its employees to the institutional counterpart in the EU. Plans for an EU military (Long opposed by the UK.) have now started. Plans for greater monetary integration (Possibly debt-pooling amongst the ‘core’ Eurozone member states.) and potentially fiscal union is in place, with the long-term track towards political union.

There were very real concerns and considerations that led to the outcome of the UK–EU referendum.

I didn’t vote in it myself, but you are blind if you think that the outcome was purely based off of emotion and ‘self-esteem problems’.

I quite like the EU. The ‘European Project’ is a grand idea, but the European Commission had many chances previously to reform. After the failed Lisbon Treaty (The ‘European Constitution’.). After proposals by the British to introduce a new ‘Associate’ status for the UK and other member states who are wary of further economic and political integration, and wish only to trade via the Single Market. After David Cameron went to, cap-in-hand, and asked for infinitesimal reforms, that were laughed out by the French, who said that there ‘shall be no more opt-outs’.

Time’s up. By blunder or as a tactical plan, the UK–EU Referendum was conducted, the verdict reached. It appears that it is not politically viable to reverse it in any manner.

Whole world knows that exit will happen, but not for at least a year or so maybe 2 years. Right now it is a member state.

Legally yes, institutionally yes, operationally no, spiritually no.

The countries of North that you mentioned are not in the same range as UK and their position out of Euro it was intentionally place in order to can keep up loaning neighbor countries in better rates.You are extremely unaware of background and you just keep focusing on the surface of events.I am not gonna elaborate more or even answer you again we are totally off topic here I need to apologize for my self.Lets keep this thread clean.Aparently there is no moderator so just do not post irrelevant opinions.

1 Like

Spiritually? You mean when i small child doesn’t get what he wants and he blames everyone and throws tantrums left and right. because that’s exactly what UK is doing.

This guy…

:joy: :joy: :joy:

What exactly do you want to moderate? Free speech?

Again i will reapeat, so that it can sink in. There are more countries in the EU where EURO is not the main currency for whatever reasons, but they negotiated this and elected not to adopt EURO. This actually very smart on their part.

Yeah this guy. We all know that nationalism is alive and well in the UK, then add people that just didn’t think it through and vote to leave in the heat of the moment and we have what we have and even then it was a close call.

Also if it was repeated today the result would be the opposite judging from all the later polls.

All non-EU countries that wish to accede to the EU now have to adopt the Euro as their currency as a pre-condition to accession.

Non-Eurozone countries that are in the EU are currently a historical aberration. They were allowed (Britain most notably being a hold-out.) to keep their national currencies due to the bargaining power of the Member States at the time being relatively strong.

The long-term trend for the EU is for full monetary, fiscal and political union.

You can decry it as ‘mindless’ nationalism, but the concerns expressed were then, and still are, very real.

For the new members, but the old ones were able to negotiate that part.

There are very real concerns expressed by the opposite side too.

Fresh off the press.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-07-20/deutsche-bank-preparing-for-hard-brexit-cryan-tells-employees

Luckily i sold all my UK based companies stock 3 months before referendum.