New customer- online payment refused

Hi all, I just did an account on that forum because I’m not able to use the card as I wish.

I’m a brand new customer. Sending money to my new card was flawless. I can see the balance, I unlocked my euro IBAN, well all good.
However while trying to do some transactions in online shops I always get refusal. I tried 3 different ones.
Once I got an error stating that the expiration date is wrong, then it was refused by the payment processor and the 3 rd in China just gave an error message.
So I initiated a support chat with the infamous Rita. Then went to live agent, but…have to wait 6 hours before a reply comes. I’m not premium member yet and I doubt I will keep that card and service for long as my first experience was definitely not the best one.
It’s cool I can top up my account very fast but it’s really uncool I cannot spend that money online so far.

Which online shops are we talking about here? With prepaid card there is a much higher chance of your card being declined.

I would also advise to create a second virtual card and try that one.

Hi thanks for the reply, yes you are correct, my first try was for a train ticket. Then I saw on the homepage of that company that they don’t accept prepaid debit cards. So, that’s ok.
Second shop was a electronic shop here in Switzerland I already got stuff from there with another prepaid card, but the Revolut one was refused.
3rd shop was a well know China shop. There I just got error message, try later :grinning:

I might try to open a virtual card but before I spend those few bucks I want to be sure it’s working

I routinely have problems with card payments and Chinese merchants in general, so i don’t think this is only Revolut related.

Ok. Thanks. Will wait for the physical card and test further functionality before really jumping in

Question:

Did anyone tried to buy flight tickets using Revolut?
Q2. Is the name stated on the card? (doesn’t appear on app and mine is on the way)… if not, then is big big issue…

6 hours?
You are lucky, I am premium paid member and have to wait 12…

I think you should try N26, because they offer a proper debit card NOT PREPAID and it will work basically anywhere.

N26 is not available except in few countries…
And is quite more expensive than a real banking card.

For example I have Mastercard World debit, embossed, which outside works offline as a credit card in case of needs and funds are available (offline payments, manual payments, in flights, etc)… for free. And I have 1% fee on withdrawn abroad and 0 in RO at the ban ATM’s.

The only good thing about :r: which made me to order the card is that I can use it on iTunes as UK account, and i can take 800 RON (which are much less than 200 GBP… it’s 152) without fees.

Definitely not FEW. Almost all EU countries.

Germany
Austria
Ireland
France
Spain
Italy
Netherlands
Belgium
Portugal
Finland
Lithuania
Latvia
Luxemburg
Slovenia
Estonia
Greece
Slovakia

Compared with :r:
Aland Islands, Austria, Azores, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canary Islands, Channel Islands, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, French Guiana, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Guadeloupe, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Martinique, Mayotte, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Réunion, Romania, Saint Helena, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, St. Martin, Sweden, Switzerland and United Kingdom.

Romania is not available for N26. I’ve tried since last year, they’re keeping telling me they’re gonna inform me.
Tho, as EU citizen I can legally open an account in DE in 10 mins… :)) Or I can lie the N26 form and send the card in Germany at my cousin. Easy task.

But, it’s kinda expensive :slight_smile: (compared with my real bank card)

Bunch of islands in that list. For example if you are from canary islands just pick Spain when applying and so on.

I find their service to be much more stable and support actually works.

1 Like

I saw that one but it’s still not available in switzerland

LoL… (post must be at least 20 characters :joy:)

[quote=“Povilas1, post:10, topic:18733”]
Almost all EU countries.[/quote]

17/28 = 60.71 %

Really 17 countries from 28 countries
means “almost all”? Are indeed the missing 11 negligible?

Still more than a few as someone has stated.