New Custody Price on Stocks

I just received a mail that besides telling me that non-metal users are going only! buy or sell option per month there is also the fact that the price of holding stocks rose from 0,01% to 0,12%… it is not a small increase what is your opinion about that?

6 Likes

My opinion is that I will close my positions on Revolut and change broker, also considering the reduction of trades per month.

8 Likes

Same here

3 Likes

Changing the custody fee from 1bp to 12bp… not good.

As a Metal user, however, I still have commission free trading, so finally there is a genuine advantage of Metal over Premium, but I think I’ll sell my holdings anyway because of the custody fee hike.

Increasing the fee of a product twelve times (12x) in one take is a decision that completely breaks a client’s trust in the company. These kinds of outrageous terms and conditions sudden changes are of utmost disrespect.

I think this is a clear sign that it is about time people using the Revolut platform now take all their trading positions and transfer them to a serious company.

Instead of making Crypto fees more affordable, they went the other way and made stocks unaffordable now, too! What a disastrous move.

I think today’s tragic email is signaling the end of Revolut. If we now need to buy crypto somewhere else because of Revolut rip-off feed, buy stock somewhere else, because of the 0.12% custody fee, etc, etc. I think it might be better to find a complete other company that can offer this without being disrespectful to the client’s trust after having spent so much for years…

4 Likes

I never thought that trading or crypto were particularly appealing with Revolut. Otherwise, I am happy with the core service. So not much is changing for me, and I am not going to change how I use their services.

2 Likes

I have Metal for two main reasons, Travel Insurance and Free trades, Not using travel much these past months…I am staying in R because I like what they sre doing, but I’ll move my positions to XTB, slowly

3 Likes

any suggetion for low fees low custody here in Europe?

3 Likes

I use trading212 and now XTB, XTB has no monthly fee I I think up to 100,000 EUR in uour account. Can’t remenber for 212. You smcould explore those options

3 Likes

it looks like they’re struggling revenue wise… oh well, going to wind down slowly, it was fun

there’s a waiting list for 212, wonder how many ex-Revolut people are waiting haha

3 Likes

Are you sure about their struggle? couse i’d like to know if my found are at risk

4 Likes

I don’t think they’re „struggling“. What’s happening is that they are shifting from a venture capital funded startup, burning through money, to a more traditional financial service that slowly wants to become profitable.

5 Likes

I came here exactly for this… I went metal to be able to do my trading and already started noticing lately that when i trade a spread is apply (for example i see cost of stock $30,40, i execute, and i notice the transaction occurs at $30,44. And no, it’s not cause it changed in that instant…). I am aware the price indicate is approximate, but it is always approximate to a loss! that’s spread… so they are already making money on this, like any other platform.
without considering the extortionate 15% fees to buy crypto (and the 1.5% to sell, for metal).
Now they are adding stupid holding fees…
i was already considering moving to Trading 212, but didn’t do it cause i hate their plot interface. But i have started using tradingview for those anyway, i might as well move there for trading.
I will bring Revolut back to basic, for travelling pocket money. It seems they prefer it that way…

2 Likes

About 1 month ago, I created a Trading212 account because I could not find the ticker I wanted to buy on Revolut Trading. No waiting list, very straight forward account creation and very smooth experience.

Even before the Revolut Trading price hike, I found that T212 was really charging no fee. Now with the 0,12% cost on just holding stock in Revolut Trading … I am saying bye bye to Revolut Trading.

My only regret is that Trading 212 is not offering any multi-currency account like Revolut. Although this is the most voted feature request in T212, there is no indication whether they are going to implement it. Revolut multi-currency account is the only reason why I will keep my Revolut Account (but I will definitely drop my Revolut Trading account).

4 Likes

I absolutely agree with you the plot interface in Trading 212 is not that great. I raised this topic in their community forum, I am glad that I am not the only one. Actually I just looked now, and they have a new application with much better looking charts, you should look at it.

Considering the breath of available stocks, as well as very limited fees (no fees dare I write) in T212, the switch over is a no brainer.

And best of all, T212 offers an app AND a web page, something that Revolut Trading does not offer.

3 Likes

On the waiting list for T212… they must have deleted my previous trial profile. I am curious to see the new interface now.
And let’s not forget that their interface allows for automatic buy/sell… not just alarms!
I will start progressively cashing in when the market crash of the last couple of days will recover… bye bye Revolut! you were my first, you made me discover the beauty of trading, but you cannot expect to keep me around when you treat me this way!! you are now confined in the friend zone, while i start dating a better partner… :smiley:

2 Likes

I’ve been using Revolut Trading on the basis of an ongoing relationship like they say, and I can understand them trying to get profitable and getting to the next level. However, I have not seen improvements that justify these new hike-ups, nor even news about features that are on the way. When news like this is sent with a 10-day notice, I begin to lose confidence, and I am sure I’m not alone on this boat. Dissatisfied.

6 Likes

I put myself on the waiting list of trading 212… we’ll se how it goes… does anybody checked how solid are they as a company? Is day trading feasible there? Is there any referral link you want to share for mutual benefit?

2 Likes

I started using them since i am depositing small amounts at a time, they seem pretty ok so far, but few things that bother me that revolut does better, t212 auto converts your dividents to eur so you might miss the exchange rate, and they take more time to pay them out sometimes for almost a week. not sure if i can share a link in here as invite, but you can find online they give a free share

1 Like

That is a problem since the “promised” function to transfer assets is coming in the future with no clear dates. So everyone has either to sell out and pay a lot of taxes on capital gains, or you suck up and pay the fee until they decide to x10 it again. I i’ll wait a bit if they recall this nonesence or i will take the bullet and sell all my assets and moving to t212.

2 Likes