New card activation

Hi, I received a new card this week and a spare card. I tested them at local ATM to check balance before a trip to Spain next week but neither worked. Just a simple ATM message saying the account is unavailable.
Do I need to do anything to activate the account? Or does it just kick in at some point soon
Thanks
James

You have to top-up your account to be able to use it. Just check on your app security settings if you checked or unchecked all the features to be able to withdraw cash or do a purchase at a local shop. If thats all running just go to starbucks or something and test it out.

I can’t activate my new card and the chat was unhelpful. He basically said to try again at an ATM using chip and pin not swipe, even though I’d already tried it in 2 ATMs and 2 shops.
There is only one way to use an ATM so not sure what I’m doing wrong. ATM accepts PIN but when I try to withdraw money it says bank declined. When I try to use chip and pin in store it just says remove card.
I’m at a loss. I go to France tomorrow and the only reason I got this card was to have fee-less Euro spending. I can’t open another chat in app as it just directs me back to the closed conversation. I can’t start a topic here as i’m new.

Hi @LJ_Revolut and welcome to the community.
I presume you have a GBP account. Before going to France, you will presumably create a EUR wallet and transfer funds to it by converting GBP to EUR in the app (not essential but is preferable so you have fixed the rate).

These are the other things to consider:

• Do you have funds on the account?
  • Have you logged in to your account in the app and looked to see if your card is active?
  • Did you check the PIN you are using is correct (check in the app).
  • Select the Standard card in the app and make sure the PIN/CVV is unblocked.

The first use of the card generally to activate it must be at a merchant where you have to use the PIN but you should have sufficient funds in the account to use it first.

1 Like

Card settings → ATM withdrawals → ON

Hi Graham thanks for the reply. Yes I have all those things set up with money available in GBP and Euro.
I was finally able to open a second help chat by going through the web deployed version of the application. The second person was more helpful and in the end they have cancelled the card. I won’t have my new one in time for my trip but they did advise using a virtual one in Google wallet where possibly so i’ll be doing that. A very frustrating process indeed.

Thanks for the feedback - card activation is normally a very straightforward affair and I’m sorry to read that you had problems.
As a resident of France, I do hope that your visit here will be very pleasant and memorable for all the right reasons.

1 Like

se how infact i go about speaking with an agent ASAP please.Hi there my name is Mr Thomas Edward Casey. I was looking to speak with a live agent as soon as at possible please. can you tell me please. As i also need another MASTERCARD sent out to my Address ASAP Please.

• List item[date=2022-09-17 timezone=“Europe/London”]

HI AGENT I REALLY NEED A NEW mastercard AS MY OLD PYSICAL CARD HAS NEVER WORKED SINCE I THEREFORE FIRST RECEIVED IT SO CAN SOMEONEW PLEASE SEND ME ANOTHER PYSICAL CARD OUT TO MY aDDRESS asap PLEASE

Hi there, this is not the support chat! For support, please head over to the help section in the app, under your profile → Help → scroll down to New chat. :wave:

2 Likes

In the meantime, what steps did you take to activate the card and did you check in the app that the card was active?

Not sure it help but you might want to check if all the settings of the card are activated (strip, nfc…). I had payment declined once because this was not activated.

Hi there how do i Activate my physical card please help or can you just please re send me another one to my current address as stated in your Accounts Details or docs. Please advise ASAP please.

As outlined in a post above:

If, however, you have unwittingly locked the card out, you can free it in the app by selecting the card and going to Card Settings > Unblock PIN/CVV

1 Like

Please note that this is a public user community. You’re addressing other users here, users like yourself. To talk to Revolut customer support, you need to contact them via the chat function in the app, as described above. (This forum is not the support chat.) :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry, I don’t work for Revolut, I can’t help you. I suggest to contact the customer support on Twitter.

1 Like

As @Frank already said, you have to contact support. You’re talking here in this forum to other customers. You also may want to edit your post and remove your personal information, in case you used your real name.

2 Likes