Never received link to downloadable app

Apparently, one must use Revolut from a cell phone. There appears to be no way to use Revolut from a desktop machine.

But I cannot download the required App to my Android cell phone. I enter the cell phone number, but never receive the message with the download link

I tried calling what I thought was customer support at +44-203-322-8352, but this was a waste of time since according to the message I got, this number is exclusively for canceling a card.

Hello @pluviosilla :slight_smile:

You’re definitely right. You need an smartphone + a SIM card with your phone number.
You will be able to find the app yourself (without the link) following these easy instructions:

• On Apple/iOS devices
    Open the App Store app, click Search, type Revolut and tap the enter/ok key on your keyboard.

• On Android devices
    Open the Play Store app, type Revolut on the top search bar and tap the enter/ok key on your keyboard.

Hope you manage to find it. If you don’t, please answer and we’ll find a way :slight_smile:

Additionally, @pluviosilla, :r: Revolut does not offer phone support. All the help is provided either through this forum or the Support chat, found in the More tab of the :r: app.

Keep in mind a robot (the ever-nice RITA) will try to answer your questions. If the answers are not accurate or useful, sending a message saying live agent will start a conversation with one live agent :wink:

Got it. Google Play was the way to sign up.

But now I have a different question. I went through the setup, even provided some very sensitive data like my SSN, and at the end of the process Revolut displayed the following very strange message:

Current position: 1,937. You’re on the list, John! 
Congratulations! You’re going to be one of the first 
people to get early access to Revolut and help us clean 
up the banking system!

Huh? Am I in a line of almost 2,000 people waiting to use the service?

Is Revolut an actual company or some kind of sharing app?

Are you based in the US?

If so, Revolut is accepting pre-registration for users based in the US, when it launches in the US later this year.

If not, you shouldn’t be in a waiting list (e.g. UK/Eurozone/EEA.).

This sort of personal data is for KYC/AML purposes, procedures that all financial institutions (Whether retail or investment.) have to go through, to ensure that the integrity of the global financial system is not compromised by illicit activity.

Blocked Account - Unhelpful Customer Service

Hi @pluviosilla,

Thank you for contacting us :slight_smile:

As long as you have legal residence in the countries mentioned in the section “Where is Revolut available” you can download our app directly from the Google Play or App Store.

At the moment our app is available for iPhones (iOS 8), iPads or Android (4.3) supported phones with a minimum screen size of 3.5 inches.

Unfortunately Android tablets are not currently supported.

As I can see you’re based in the USA and you have signed up for early access, as our services are currently available to EEA residents.

Please let me know if you have further enquiry.

Best,

Andreas K