Naming Bank Accounts

Hi,

Could you enhance the bank transfer/beneficiaries tab, so that I can give them unique names.

For example I have set myself up as a beneficiary a few times as I have a few bank accounts, and the only way to tell which account I will make a payment to is to remember the account number. If I could just name these, it would really help.

Thanks.

21 Likes

Worth looking into :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am looking for this too!

I have like 4-5 bank accounts on the same name and its confusing me all the time which one is one i need. Is that really such a big problem to add a possibility to name every bank account the way we wants? Please Revolut do something :weary:

Now it looks like this:

John Smith - EUR
John Smith - EUR
John Smith - EUR
John Smith - EUR
John Smith - EUR

To find the one you need is a lottery!

3 Likes

To further motivate Revolut, I’ll add that TransferWise just added this functionality.

8 Likes

Still nothing about this?

C’mon Revolut, it cant be such a problem to fix this…

@anon33247966 this function is necessary

3 Likes

Exactly! This feature made my bank transfering process very smooth in Transferwise!

1 Like

Yes, I have needed this since the beginning :smiley:

Transferwise did a great job!

Love the way it looks like there! Its so clear and transparent!

1 Like

@anon33247966

This post dates from march 2018, and still is not resolved. We think its an important one. It hinders badly the user experience with your service. I’m one off many who pay for this service and its sad to see that no one takes this in consideration. I mean, if you claim to provide better services than a traditional bank, I got news for you, all banks has this feature in their online services. Labels are a basic feature, please do something about it if you want your users to enjoy your service.

Thank you!

2 Likes

I’m using a hack right now, registering my bank accounts as a “business” then naming them like:
“SELF Savings” and such. Since its still just Iban numbers, it doesn’t matter.

3 Likes

Thanx for a tip @PeaceDealer.

Even i still cant belive that Revolut cant do that for every banktransfer

1 Like

I’ve recently switched to Revolut as my main bank account so I’ve added various other bank accounts that I own.
I always have to lookup which of my IBANs belong to which accounts when I need to do a transfer or check past transfers. Giving those accounts a label would really help.

6 Likes

This is beyond ridiculous now…

1 Like

Hey, even the old fashioned e-bank systems have labels/aliases for bank transfer accounts templates nowadays! And it is not from yesterday!

1 Like

With the latest update iOS 6.34, Revolut has resolved this issue. They allow the bank accounts to be custom-labeled so that it can easily be identified.

1 Like

This would be great to have

1 Like

Solved on Android as well, v.6.34.

2 Likes

That’s great. I’m still on v6.33. Thanks for letting know

1 Like

That’s great!
Now the next step is to have saved data for amount, currency and notes per each account template, which data will be preloaded as defaults for sending money to that bank account.
It is partially done by using recurring transactions, but when you don’t want to use recurring transaction, then you have to enter again additional notes for example, which in most cases are not only descriptive, but specific data as policy number, id, etc. for semi-automated processing at the remote end!
BR
Dimitar