My premium card has NOT BEEN POSTED [...] » Arrived

That’s the saddest thing.

Now. No one really looks on the hologram/ no one really knows every hologram. Except in big things or airlines.

On the back it’s weitten PREPAID. But I guess you can take some nail polish :nail_care: if same sparkling blue ish pinky with those disco club bubbles and paste over :joy:

Well, in cases where prepaid can’t be accepted technically, nail polish won’t help. And in cases where it’s company policy, my experience is that they are way less strict than years ago.

“GREAT”
My card has been delivered to my old address. Which if it was delivered in time I was still there.

The card was delivered to a person I don’t know (probably a guardian or whatever) and not to my friend.

I’ve asked DHL for alternate address as well as Revolut support. None helped.

What should I do? Pay from my money to go and come back? Who’s covering this?

1 Like

I know from experience (not with :r: though) that DHL can re-route the package even at this stage if asked strongly enough by the sender. Hope they do so :frowning:

Ok no, absolutely not. I’d just ask for a re-shipment.

They can… if Revolut allows them! That was the point. They need the sender approval to modify the address. And of course, no one answered probably since yesterday to their emails/ phone calls at the logistics department of :r: so the address couldn’t be changed.

On the first card which was sent from Poland they activated On Demand Delivery which means I could modify the address online without any problem.

Now for the premium one they didn’t. So. Luckily I didn’t left too far just few hours away. It cost me money to go there and take it :man_facepalming:
And the time spent in traffic.

Disappointed.
Both uber rides (which are not that expensive) appear as payments in my Revolut account :thinking:

1 Like

Finally here!
The black one is nice. Tho kinda scratchy.
Also, having the number on the back printed and writing white on black PREPAID is not that nice… :thinking: (on the standard card you have to look closer to see prepaid)

I had to pay ~7€ more (both rides in from my account) and I’m not feeling happy with it. Not a big amount but this card was a week late. Supposed to arrive on Monday. And still, premium membership… supposed to be express delivery. And even worst, the standard one (re)ordered after few days I’ve ordered the premium one arrived few days ago!

So… the feelings are mixed for now. Hopefully nothing bad will happen

4 Likes

Yes, has the same hologram on back. And it’s written white on black PREPAID*

(*can be fixed with a good permanent paint marker :rofl:)

1 Like

Very. Got mine reshipped for free after half a year, as :r: told me the materials had improved and… Well, not. They were quite the same :frowning:
(the service was excellent however)

In general I really think they need to make their cards better. Overall quality needs to improve, the way the name is printed is (for me) not nice looking, the back could definitely be better.

1 Like

Let’s wait the next ones (who ever knows when).
I hope for a PROPER DEBIT, not prepaid.
Other things are just details.

2 Likes

Proper debit with 3DSecure would be great indeed!

2 Likes

I still don’t get it why prepaid, only Debit should be enough. The Prepaid sign make it “cheap” for a premium account.

I can’t imagine that the Metal cards will have the prepaid as well :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Once they’ll really start to issue their own cards (not by paysafe or others) they can do it debit.

Thankfully I’m premium so I’ll change my cards at minimum cost :joy: (I don’t imagine paying 30€ every time my card gets stuck, lost, broken, skimmed, etc while long term traveling in Asia :joy: ). So far I didn’t paid for delivery for both of them (paid for the first one which never arrived at home and was refunded and reordered now in PH), and that would already be more than 60€ :thinking:

Ps. Btw. My bank replaces a lost card while abroad for 80€ in the same day through the MasterCard network. I don’t really know how this works but as I’ve understood they give permission to another bank in that network to issue a spare card for me in their name within a day…
Same with cash advance in case of lost card. Also through MasterCard network. But isn’t cheap tho

1 Like

Oh that’s a cool thing, I didn’t know it existed.
Definitely something to use in case of extreme emergency, pretty sure most people can wait a few days (or have a spare card).

Looking forward for :r: to be a real bank and start developing more services.

Well, that’s what it is. And the credit card industry, card issuers and merchants have agreed that every card should be labeled properly. And they are prepaid debit cards. Might be also a regulatory thing, where companies with e-money license simply can’t issue debit cards. I don’t expect anything to change here before Revolut gets a banking license.

1 Like

But why has Bunq/Monese and N26 debit cards without prepaid logo on it?

Thats more what I mean that the card should be a full debit not prepaid debit.

N26 has a banking license. I don’t know how Monese/Bunq are regulated.

1 Like

Usually, “real” debit cards are also configured a little bit differently. Their service codes might allow offline transactions to some extend.

3 Likes

Bunq got a banking license, too.

2 Likes

Exactly what I was saying before.
I have a MasterCard Debit with the world logo and Credit BIN.

Especially for situations when customers needs offline payments.
The visa debit at the same bank are electron and stated DEBIT on them. On MasterCard they don’t.

Also they offer MasterCard Gold with the MasterCard worldwide offers/ lounges, etc and it’s only 35€. But 0.2% commission on all withdrawals +0.6€ (which still, compared to most any other european banks is a great deal)

1 Like