Moving Country

I am moving to New Zealand shortly and need to move some GBP to NZD. Am I able to pay GBP into my Revolut account and transfer it to a New Zealand bank account? Are there limits with standard or premium?

I think TransferWise might be a lot easier for you to use in this instance.

The rates aren’t as good as Revolut though.

Just checked and the rates seem exactly the same. Also, it would be a lot faster.

Hi @swillisam.

What you can do is to just top up your Revolut account, and let your card automatically convert your balance to NZD at the best available rate.

Your Revolut card will work as a local currency card there :slight_smile:

I don’t want my full balance on my Revolut card so I will want to transfer the majority to an NZ bank account. Is that possible?

Sure you can do that! International transfers to bank accounts can be transacted in the following currencies: EUR, GBP, USD, AUD, CAD, CZK, DKK, HKD, HUF, ILS, MXN, NZD, NOK, PLN, RON, SGD, ZAR, SEK, CHF, THB, TRY, AED, BGN, QAR, SAR

It will take 3-5 working days to reach the recipient’s account.

Revolut does not charge a fee for cross-currency transfers for up to £5,000 / €6,500 / $6,000 / Fr 6,000 / 20,000 zl (or equivalent) per month. A 0.5% fee will apply to any further cross-currency transactions performed during the same calendar month.

However, keep in mind this it would be a SWIFT transfer and the beneficiary bank could also charge a fee to receive your transfer.

2 Likes

Where did you check the rates? Link?

Hi @swillisam,

:r: uses the interbank exchange rate.

This can be checked here:

Best,

Hi Andreas. My name is Iuri, I am New here and I have a problem. I am trying to contact someone From Revolut insuccessfuly. I am not able to access the chat as well. Can you help me?

Hi Luri!

Are you able to drop me a DM with a little more info?