Most merchants in Brazil 🇧🇷 don't accept Revolut Visa cards

Probably recommended to pop to Wilkos to buy a physical visa and to get a MasterCard from the app, if possible. I certainly carry both on me!

0 Likes

How does a Wilko Visa card solve the problem?

• Unlike Revolut, I can’t top it up with a points-earning credit card.
  • As Revolut refuses to issue a MasterCard, a Tandem MasterCard credit card would be better with 0.5% cashback, which is also not subject to Revolut’s 1% weekend surcharge.
0 Likes

Is there a picture somewhere how the package of the Revolut VISA looks in the store? Can not find any in the Internet.

0 Likes

I mean, it seems you have a physical visa but quite a few people noticed they receive mastercard from the app now instead of visa. So I meant to buy a Revolut Visa from Wilkos.

See above.

There’s some here

1 Like

2 Likes

Thank you very much for being awesome. :smile:

1 Like

Thank you very much too. :smile:

0 Likes

I still don’t understand. Revolut’s Visa cards are not accepted by the majority of merchants in Brazil. Therefore why buy a Revolut Visa card from Wilko? We need all need a Revolut MasterCard, not a Revolut Visa card.

1 Like

I’ve renamed the thread from “Problems with POS payments in Brazil” to reflect that:

• The problem is not confined to point-of-sale transactions.
  • The problem specifically affects Visa cards, not MasterCard.
  • The problem affects the majority of merchants in Brazil, far more than 50%.
1 Like

I may not understand, but you can order a MasterCard from Revolut, no? Is MasterCard not available for all because of the Region?

1 Like

Correct. For most UK residents, the only card available (except chargeable cards) is Visa. My first Revolut card was MasterCard, but when it expired, Revolut gave me no choice but to replace it with a Visa card against my will.

2 Likes

Actually most of the people I know have Mastercard and I’m under the impression most in the UK receive Mastercard now!

0 Likes

The question is not whether or not most currently have MasterCard, but whether their next card, as indicated in the app, will be MasterCard. Everyone I know sees an indication that their next free-of-charge card will be Visa.

1 Like

Revolut should deploy their staff to physically fly to Brazil to sort this mess out !
If POS/merchant holds VISA sign is should accept all VISA cards, no exception.

4 Likes

Everyone I know sees a MasterCard in their app, besides two who got a Visa.

Don’t say something stupid

Maybe Visa should send a guy out, seems like a them issue.

0 Likes

Presume there is no update on this issue?
Had the same issue in Brazil tonight, using the Visa card.

1 Like

Apparently Brazil is like on other planet - too far away to be reached by somebody who can make a difference :roll_eyes:

I can tell true story - there was big issue with biggest mobile operator in my country and using google search via its mobile network. There were numerous online tries from mobile operator to solve issue, but somehow issue was not solved for long time. Only when they physically get to google office and made a fuss about it, things were fixed. Maybe something similar need to be done here.

1 Like

This problem is far bigger than Revolut, as it no doubt affects all non-Brazilian prepaid Visa cards. The only way that Revolut can solve it is to stop forcing Visa cards upon customers who prefer to have MasterCard.

1 Like

btw, as a workaround you can probably use curve’s mastercard + revolut as linked card.

1 Like

Visa could remove ways to identify card countries and that’d also work.

However, Revolut did promise to offer the choice of card issuer to the customer, so they should honour this.

cc @AndreasK
P. S can you check your DMs for the message I sent you

Thanks

1 Like