Monthly Exchange Limit

I notice that there is a monthly £5000 limit on currency exchange through Revolut. But when does this monthly limit reset? Is it on the 1st of the month? I.e. 1st April 2018 or from the date that you verified your account, so for example I set up my Revolut account on the 4th December 2017, does that mean that my currency exchange limit would be reset on the 4th April? Or is there some other way of the monthly limit being reset?

Hey Dan, the limit reset is on a rolling month basis. This is from the day you signed up. So if you signed up the 23rd March, then it will reset on the 23rd of every month.

Thanks Henrik, it would be good if Revolut consider making this clearer on their policies and general documentation relating to accounts at sign up. At the moment it reads like the exchange limit is reset every calendar month when this isn’t the case. It would be good if you could caveat this for customers so that it’s not ambiguous.

1 Like

Hey Dan

There is information about it on this page

https://www.revolut.com/dk/fee-schedule

1 Like

Please note the billing cycle for all Charges are as follows for users who:

Calendar month: joined before 16 March 2017;

Rolling month: joined after 16 March 2017; and

Rolling month: for any user who upgraded their Revolut Account from Standard to Premium or has downgraded from Premium to Standard.

2 Likes

Thanking the folks in this thread for clearing up this issue. Follow up: I have seen posted a limit (with no fee) of £5000 per month, and $6500. Is this still valid? And what about euros € ?

The limit is in your base currency (currency on your registered adress).
You can see it under: Dashboard -> tap your avatar or the cogwheel at the top -> Price plan.
It reset on the basis of a rolling month, based on the date you registered or changed your plan to premium/metal, not calendar month.

Thanks, for the record €6000 is the exchange limit per month. For me would be calendar month since I became a Revolut user before March 16, 2017…

Hi Henrik,

I know that the limits have changed to a rolling €1000 per month for currency exchange since August 2020 but the app is saying that I have reaced my free exchange limit when I know I have not. I have logged into my wife’s account also and she is getting the same message and has not exchanged that amount of euros into USD ever (nevermind in a month). Is there some bug here or help you can give?

Thanks,

Hi! It seems that my rolling monthly limit for currency exchange isn’t updating. I have been using a standard account for several months, and this issue hasn’t occured until now. Any ideas what can be the reason?

1 Like

Im having the same problem the rolling limit for currency exchange of £1000 GBP is being advertised as something that is available on the standard plan and it is not available. This must be in violation of financial rules. Does anybody know any further details on this before I raise it ?

I would start by contacting the company’s customer support.

I found the problem the limit is £999 GBP not £1000GBP, so after my fx limit rolling date, on the standard plan, I can exchange that amount.