Monthly cashback limit

Today, I was pleased to discover the latest updated feature.
Now you can earn cashback up to 13,99€ per month… Thoughts, anyone?

1 Like

This happen since august 2020.

Thanks for the notice, I just found out about it today.
Kind of a surprise!

Bear in mind that cashback is a Metal account feature, not available with Standard or Premium accounts.
It’s 0.1% in Europe, and 1% rest of world.

You used to be able to theoretically earn unlimited cashback on a Metal account, but since August 2020 that is now capped to a maximum of €13.99 (which is incidentally what a Metal subscription costs per month)

This information is so hard to find before subscribing to the Metal plan, it does feel a bit scammy. Still happy with the Metal plan advantages but a bit disappointed this was not clearly stated in the offer.

2 Likes

How surprising they don’t brag about it?!
I mean, if it’s such a low reward, why would you cap it?

Sorry for the hijack but, how do I start a new thread? I can only reply to existing?

Hi welcome, no worries!
As you have joined recently, you can’t do that for now. After a dozen posts or so and some time here (not sure about the details), you will be able to create a new thread on your own.

You will be able to do so from the main page, at the top right you will see a “+ new topic” button similar to the “reply” one

Hmmm OK so I have to reply to several threads I am not really interested in before I can ask my question? That’s not really ideal.

Or I can ask it here but I don’t think that’s really fair to the thread owner.

I just want to ask if it’s possible to save payees as a favourite payee instead of having to scroll through my transaction history to find a payee I’ve used before.

It just seems daft that I have to reply to another dozen threads before I can ask this.

Firstly if trying to cap cashback to revolut subscription why not make the limit yearly instead of monthly? I don’t always spend enough to get 13.99. In the same vein sometimes I do, so why tell me I have had a cashback of 26…25 declined because I have reached monthly limit. Here’s what you could have won but we are not giving you it. Do I ask the hotel to refund me the money I have paid and then pay on departure to get next months 13.99. It’s simple Revolut if you offer cashback then offer it. If you don’t don’t. I find this account generally good but when you send me a message on phone to say you are not giving me 26.25 euros this does not make me feel good about your service.

1 Like

So true, I definitely agree as I’ve been there before and keep facing this.

Really think Revolut need to increase the cap on the cashback.
Currently capped at the amount you pay monthly for the metal card.
At least a couple of pounds extra would be nice as an incentive.

When Metal was introduced, there was no cap.

Revolut introduced the cap after they‘ve learnt what it means financially for them.

Brexit didn’t lift interchange caps completely. If I remember correctly, there’s still a 0,2 % cap for domestic GBP transactions. I am only aware of higher interregional interchange fees.

There’s also a fintech wide trend to shift from growth to financial sustainability. I would be surprised if Revolut raises the limit.