Money transfer cost

Hello,

regarding money transfer costs:

When sending money from Revolut account to Revolut account = transfer is FREE

When sending money from Revolut account to non-Revolut account = transfer if FREE for Revolut account holder but how much does it cost to the person who receives the money (non-Revolut account)?

Mario

Hello Marion

Welcome to our community page.

Revolut does not charge a fee for cross-currency transfers for up to £5,000 / €6,500 / $7,000 (or equivalent) per month. A 0.5% fee will apply to any further cross-currency transactions performed during the same calendar month.

You should also watch out for third party fees. If your transfer is denominated in Euros and the beneficiary bank is located in a country participating in SEPA (Single Euro Payments Area) then a transfer from Revolut is free. SEPA comprises of the 28 E.U. member states as well as Switzerland, Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Monaco and San Marino.

If your bank is located outside of the E.U. or is not denominated in Euros, then your transfer will be sent via SWIFT (Society for Worldwide InterBank Financial Telecommunications) and you may incur international wire transfer fees.

With SWIFT transfers, the beneficiary bank may charge a fee to receive your transfer. When your money is in transit, it may be processed by an intermediary bank who may also deduct a handling fee. Therefore, the amount you receive in your bank may be less than the amount you sent. As banks are not always transparent about their fees, unfortuantely we cannot provide a conclusive amount that you could be charged.

We can provide an estimate of the potential fees for the following currencies:

35 AUD
20 CAD
50 AED
16-32 EUR (outside of SEPA)
7500 JPY
35 NZD
20-40 USD

Best,

Andreas

Thank you Andreas.

I have 2 other questions:

• if I am sending € from my Revolut card to another Revolut card holder having a wallet in €; do I have 0.5% fee after €6,500/month? in this case it’s a not a cross-currency transfer but a € transfer

• if I am sending € from my Revolut card to a SEPA current account in €; do I have 0.5% fee after €6,500/month? in this case it’s a not a cross-currency transfer but a € transfer

Mario

no you don’t have the fee in both cases

What is the cost of making transfer within EU, but in currency denominated in (for example) PLN?

It should be covered by SEPA Directive unless you do a SWIFT transfer so should be free as far as I am aware

What is the potentional fee for CZK currency?