Money NOT received

On 20/04 I sent €36 from my Revolut euro account to my friend’s Revolut euro account (my friend is also a Revolut client). However, it has been way more than 5 working days and yet he has still not received the sum. He checked many times and triple checked for any transactions containing “Currency Cloud” in their details - still nothing. I am very worried now. I have been your customer for barely a month and this is my first experience!?

You should try to contact support on Twitter (@RevolutApp) or on Facebook: https://facebook.com/revolutapp :slight_smile:

I do not understand where the € 36 was sent from. From Revolut to Revolut? From Revolut to a bank account (via SEPA)? From the bank account to Revolut (via SEPA)? From the window to the garden by the pigeon (:wink: joke)? Or how ???

Yes, from Revolut to Revolut. At the time (I’m new to Revolut) I did not know I can use the “send money” option in order to send money to another Revolut customer. So instead I did it via “bank transfer” and I transfered €36 from my Revolut Euro account to my friend’s Revolut Euro account (I triple checked that I have not made any mistakes while typing the IBAN etc). I don’t understand why this has not worked?

It’s because you can’t do it this way! The EUR IBANs are not personal ones, they’re just for topping up the account (for now) :slight_smile: the money should bounce back to your account

Thank you. Would you be able to explain more? I am still quite confused.

The only personal account available now is the GBP one for UK residents. For the rest of EEA, all the accounts are owned by Revolut LTD, only your reference code is unique. Because of this, you can only use your IBANs for topping up via a bank transfer (personal accounts coming soon for everyone! :wink:) If you wish to transfer money to another Revolut user, just tap the pink circle with two arrows on it, then tap “Send money” :slight_smile:

I see. Say an example with euros. So if someone wants to send me euros from a euro bank account, I shall provide them with the IBAN supplied by Revolut and my unique reference number. Respectively, if I want to send euros to someone’s euro bank account I use “bank transfer”. But between Revolut customers, in any currency, I should use “send money” option.

It doesn’t work yet! Only you can send money into your Revolut account using the IBAN and reference. :slight_smile: Unique personal accounts will be available in the near future, that’s when other people will also be able to transfer funds into your account and vice versa.

“So if someone wants to send me euros from a euro bank account, I shall provide them with the IBAN supplied by Revolut and my unique reference number.” - This is wrong! You can only top up Revolut from your own personal bank account or your own credit or debit card. The owner must have an identical name as the Revolut user.

"…if I want to send euros to someone’s euro bank account I use “bank transfer”. - This is correct!

“But between Revolut customers, in any currency, I should use “send money” option.” - This is correct!

Hi @Elvira, I recommend reading the official FAQs completely. It does not take that much time and Revolut is quite different in many aspects compared to a common current account and credit card.

They explain a lot how things work with the card and the app and have plenty of tips how to make the most out of it.

I hope you will enjoy Revolut once you made yourself familiar with it.

Cheers!

But what is the difference between someone else’s current account with another bank and MY current account with another bank? If I can send euros using OWN bank account in whatever bank to the euro IBAN provided by Revolut then why can’t a third person do the same - send money from their own bank account to the revolut IBAN? It’s illogical. The connection is BANK ACCOUNT - REVOLUT IBAN. Then why does it matter who sits at the BANK ACCOUNT end??

The FAQ does not say anything. It talks only about “topping up”. I want to know about “Bank Transfer” to a bank account and from a bank account.

@Elvira you can transfer money Revolut > Bank, it’s just that another person cannot transfer money from their bank account to your :r: account, as they’re not personal accounts (yet). :slight_smile:

Hi @Elvira, in the topping-up section of the FAQs is explained that regular bank transfers from third party accounts that are not in your name are not supported (or only supported for local GBP accounts): “Can a friend make a transfer to my Revolut account?”

Also, the FAQ sections “Send” and “Bank Transfer” answer all possible questions one could have to send money to people in different ways.

I believe, all your questions are covered there, just under different headlines. That is why I recommend to take the time and read the FAQs fully.

Sorry, I don’t want to sound harsh, but I honestly think the FAQs are the best way to get familiar with the product. And they contain a lot of informations that actually help to safe money that one would not have thought of. Like weekend markups or how to avoid costly dynamic currency exchange rates at ATMs and POS terminals.

It’s a good read :slight_smile:

It’s illogical. The connection is BANK ACCOUNT - REVOLUT IBAN. Then why does it matter who sits at the BANK ACCOUNT end??

It is mainly about money laundry regulations and “know your customer” principles.

Thank you all for kindly providing explanation. The money laundering prevention does explain this “rule”. But is it in the FAQ? I have read the FAQ which indeed provides a lot of precious info yet it provides partial information. And in a much more handicapped way than it would be by discussing this with an actual human being. And as the in app support does not reply with DAYS, I turned to Community. You do not sound harsh but if the FAQ was explaining things in full there wouldn’t be a “community” section.