Monarch chargeback

Hi Revolut,

I’m one of unlucky passengers of Monarch Airlines.

I’ve spoken to your support team regarding paying for those tickets, I’ve been asked for all the documents regarding reservation (confirmation emails, payment details etc.), with all that information you requested chargeback from MasterCard.

Last Tuesday (the 28th of November 2017) I was informed by one of chargeback support team members, that the chargeback has been accepted and it’s on its way (should be on my account within a few hours).

Woo hoo, great news!

Not really, money hasn’t arrived on the 28th, neither 30th, therefore I’ve spoken to chargeback team again on the 30th. Again I was informed that the “tech team has pushed the refund” and it should be on my account within a few hours.

Today is the 5th of December 2017, my money is not there.

Am I going to get my money back, or is that all “chargeback request, refund” just a lie?

1 Like

Finally resolved. It took a week, even though I was told that it should take hours, and that was the reason of frustration.

Well done Revolut (MasterCard) for getting back the money from Monarch.

Does Revolut insure you on this kind of payments?

Did not know they had this

Didn’t know either, but it was worth trying

1 Like

I have a really bad experience with Revolut airline chargeback. Royal Jordanian cancelled my flight from Spain to Jordan due to Coronavirus.
They are refusing the refund by saying my flight was non refunable.
They are offering to rebook me for a fee 120 USD plus fare differences.
They have published those rules on trheir website couple of weeks after I bought the ticket.

I have filed for Chargeback but the Revolut team says it does not qualify because those are the airline rules (even though they were published after I bought the ticket).
So what really are the rules?

Piotr

Even though its a late answer (I was out for a short while on the community)

If you buy your ticket with an airline, you pay for a product or service to receive from the airline. If the airline cancel you are entitled for a full refund (EG) nr. 261/2004. This applies for all EU citizens (so airlines from outside also have to respect this). For Revolut this mean you paid for something but did not receive it.

So Royal Jordanian cancelled your flight a full refund should be possible by the airline otherwise Revolut has to do a chargeback which will be successful I assume. The only thing I can think of is that you wanted a refund before your flight got cancelled, in that case a chargeback won’t help you as the flight is still scheduled to go.

Actually, my flight got canceled and Revolut didn’t want o to accept the chargeback request. They said I am not entitled. I had to fight with their customer service for 2 months for them to finally accept my chargeback request. Horrible horrible customer service.

Sorry to hear that, I have no experience with Chargeback of Revolut but with my other CC company it was easy.

Maybe :r: could explain this here?