Missing verification menu?

I’m a new user on Android and added a small sum to my account in the first transaction, so that my VISA card is added to Revolut and so that the initial sum remains below the limit of £250.

After adding my card, I tried topping up further, but when I would input the desired amount in the textbox, it would say that I only have £X amount left. After restarting the application, I can now type in larger amounts into the textbox, but pressing top-up would give me a new popup saying there is a £250 rolling limit per day.

A search shows that you can increase this limit by verifying your identity by going into Profile -> Verification & Limits. When I go here however, there is no option to upload any identity information, it just shows a circular graphic detailing a very large total limit, and showing that I’ve barely affected it.

What am I missing here? Does this mean I’m already verified through my card alone; and if so, is there no way to increase the daily limit?

I am new to Revolut too. So I might be wrong but it seems to me that there is a lower limit for topping up by debit card (£250) probably similar to the limits withdrawing cash from ATMs. You can top up more using a bank transfer up to £25K per year. You can do that by setting up a Revolut sort code and account no. I’ve forgotten how to do that but may @anon33247966 can help you with this.

Hey @llifonjs :slight_smile:

This limit will probably be dynamically raised, but however you can get in touch with support (More tab -> Support -> Live chat -> type live agent) if you want to request the limits to be raised :wink:

Hi there. That’s the daily top up limit. For newly added cards, most of our users will have a top-up limit between £1000-£3000 (or currency equivalent) per 24 hours. Some users may find they have a lower daily limit to begin with, however, your daily top-up limits will increase over time. We suggest:

Try and top-up your desired amount. If the amount is over your top-up allowance, you will receive a pop up message notifying you of the daily limit for that card and how much you can top-up today. If you wish to top-up more than your daily limit, you can use another debit or credit card, alternatively top-up via bank transfer. Unfortunately for security reasons we cannot provide the specific details around how your top-up limits are calculated.

By verifying your account you’re not increasing this limit ^ but you’re increasing your annual top up limit.

Please let me know if you have further enquiry!

Best,

Andreas K.