Metalic cards restock?

Yes indeed it’s for selected accounts, I’ve been Premium for almost a year now and one of the customer service staff members told me only selected premium accounts are able to subscribe to metal…

You have 2 accounts?

Metal appears as an Upgrade for me but I didn’t do it yet. How fast will they deliver the card? Do they have stocks? Does anyone know?

Well that’s kinda strange since I was not even a month premium member and was able to upgrade to metal instantly after they launched it :smile:

@dodobirdman nope limit is 4 cards for now if you have metal

Same here. I was only premium for a few months before metal was launched and I had the option to ‘accept’ or otherwise.

Perhaps the upgrade ability is also based on the amount of money that passes through your Revolut account and your general debit card usage, home and abroad.

Also I believe you can only have three active physical cards, and five active virtual cards linked to your Revolut account. (that’s what support say anyway, not tried to order a forth).

Well I have linked to my account:
Free Visa
Free Maestro
Premium Mastercard
Metal Mastercard

So 4 is possible :smile:

Perhaps the upgrade ability is also based on the amount of money that passes through your Revolut account and your general debit card usage, home and abroad.

I don’t think so. I was a new Revolut User and upgraded almost instant to Premium then two weeks later to Metal. I’ve spent around 50 € at this time with premium fee , and testing a few shops.

Probably it was really just random who was able to upgrade and I had luck. :smile:

1 Like

Sounds like Eau de BS to me. There’s no reason why :r: would want to limit Metal to certain (unspecified) classes of Premium users, when Nikolay has gone on record as saying he regards Metal subscriptions as key to hitting their ambitious revenue growth targets.

I’ve learnt from experience to treat anything a CS rep says with a liberal dose of salt. Often they just say stuff to close out the call ASAP.

1 Like

Lucky indeed :wink:

I never had the opportunity to take a Maestro :thinking:

1 Like

Only available for users registered in selected countries (GE, AT, CH if I remember correctly)

You obviously missed the first sentence of my posting.

No idea why I can order Metal only on my iPhone… “Airport lounges - Coming Soon” is also only displayed on iOS. I have version 5.17 on both phones.

1 Like

I have two metal cards active. They linked the canceled one back for me. But I deleted 2 of my 4 physical cards. :roll_eyes:

Seems to be different terms and conditions for different people, perhaps location based or dependant on the CS agent?

For UK accounts it appears to be one metal card only, unless others can advise otherwise.

Yeah, :r: is not very consistent…

Can you send me an image where Support says this? I don’t see how Metal would change their limit.

Revolut can manually override the standard card limits in certain cases and activate additional cards in a user’s profile if they decide to do that.

Nope because I never asked the support :smile:

I just ordered them after another , Free VISA and Maestro together with Premium Mastercard and two weeks Later Metal Mastercard.

The don’t have them in stock. I am on Metal, but I can’t even order the card, it only says they are out of stock.

I am a premium user and I want to upgrade to METAL - I’ve ‘regsitered’ my interest on the main site but I can’t see anywhere in the App to upgrade and pay the difference between my premium plan and the METAL plan. Any ideas Revolut.

@andreas

Is there any news on when Metal cards will be restocked?

I upgrading at launch, and was a premium user for nearly a year before that. I’m still not able to even order a metal card, and I was told in august that they would be available within 14 days and it’s over a month now.

1 Like