Metal cards

It’ll be interesting to see if :R: goes the charge card route (e.g. Credit card but with debit card functionality with no lending) with :R: Platinum.

Section 75 (chargeback) is one major advantage that credit cards have over debit cards.

1 Like

Thats why I use Curve, to could use the chargeback. Which is supported by debit and credit cards linked to them.

I think in the future :r: will issue full credit cards, as they want to roll out Revolut Credit to more countries. With the Credit function the card could be a charge card, instead of full Debit. If not the Platinum account won’t be worth the price and metal card.

Note: Curve’s chargeback mechanism should be the same as :R:, Starling, N26, etc, in the sense that they use Mastercard’s internal chargeback process, rather than the statutory method that credit card customers are entitled to (s.75).

My understanding is that cardholders’ rights (in relation to chargebacks) are stronger with the statutory method.

As such, Curve’s chargeback should be similar to :R:/…, where the bank goes to Mastercard and starts the Mastercard-specific chargeback process.

1 Like

It would be great if card number could be ingraved on Premium card as well. Some of the digits on my current premium card are almost got erased. Thanks!

3 Likes

@AndreasK @alan

Does Revolut use the section 75?
For payments between £100 and 30,000

No. Not at the moment. It uses the MasterCard/Visa chargeback scheme instead.

Even if it does get a banking licence Section 75 only applies to Credit cards, not Debit cards.

2 Likes

What does the Mastercard/Visa Chargeback scheme include?

See here:

https://www.revolut.com/mt/help/transactions/card-refunds/i-would-like-a-refund-for-something-i-bought

1 Like

Metal card is very good idea for premium users. I suggest 2in1 card Revolut card and Priority Pass card on one card

Won’t come I am afraid. I would love to see a MC+MAestro card or Visa+Vpay.
But it looks like that :r: does not have plans for it. However the price will increase high when Metal will be available so I am wondering what the benefits will look like

I have seen on the Polish (quite known) blog the following info about Revolut Platinum program incl. the metal cards (the article is from today, March 28):

• 12 GBP/month or 120 GBP/year
  • all Revolut Premium benefits
  • metal cards
  • 1% cashback outside of the home country
  • 0.1% cashback at home
  • Airport Lounges (the article says: “for free or with a small charge”)
  • Concierge

The article (in Polish):

1 Like

A gold card would be an awesome new feature as well. Even better if Revolut could issue metal gold cards.

1 Like

I was thinking about premium gold transparant cards.

Revolut Premium

I hope they will give us more info before summer, or even better make it availabke before the summer

Concierge service looks interesting, but nothing about dual cards right?

No info about dual cards.

I’d say the most interesting part of the Platinum package is the cashback part (even though quite low) that could cover the cost of the Platinum if used a lot.

2 Likes

Maybe they will make the cash bak higher in the future. Think that it depends on transaction fees etc.

There is no source given but I doubt it’s a leak - the article sounded like the info came from the official sources.

I see no reason to do cashback in cryptocurrencies apart from the marketing effect for Revolut. In my opinion it should just go to a “Vault” in any chosen currency.

4 Likes

1% cashback everywhere outside of home country doesn’t make sense. In EEA merchant fees for debit card are capped at 0.2%. So inside EEA 0.1% is all you can hope for. But it’s possible to get 1% on purchases in USA. So it sounds more like 1% would be outside of EEA or even just for few countries

2 Likes

You are right @bananacanyon, that would make sense.

Except that you pay for the card. And in order to profit from 1% cashback you have to use it A LOT. In that case Revolut would still earn on it as the Platinum fee would be greater than the loss.

4 Likes