Metal cards

Geographically it is a bit tricky, as there wouldnt be Europe but only Eurasia.

But if you take into account the historic and cultural definition of Europe, then yes, Russia is geographically mostly in Asia, but 80% of its population lives in the European part.

I am sure (perhaps), that if you referred to a Russian as European he would not be very happy ?

I dont think so, but what should they be? Asians?

I laid the logic out. You decided to assume one thing, but not the other. Making assumptions, and preferring the one over the other is exactly what I was commenting with “Eurocentric”. You preferred the one assumption, based on an unanswered question, like you said. That’s all.

Well in Eastern Russia, probably that would be fine.

No, I didnt make an assumption, because I couldnt as there was not sufficient information to make that :wink:

The 20% who live in the Asian parts might consider themselves Asians. I was clearly referring to the majority :wink:

20% quite probably associate themselves with Asia, 80% i am sure do not associate themselves with Europe

Well, we will have to agree to disagree.

We need a Russian community member to settle this. I don’t know any :frowning:

And yet you did because you made a statement about the implied irrelevance of the discussion. Or is there any other way how the comment could have been understood?

In fact, like we now know, the discussion wasn’t about 0.1 but 1.0 %. You assumed that it is about 0.1. And this is what I called “Eurocentric”, and don’t forget I added a wink.

(By the way, making statements without sufficient information is basically the definition of assuming something. :wink: :wink: :hugs: – are we good now?)

I’m Russian,and i would say it’s part of Europe :joy:
At least west side of Russia :slight_smile:

1 Like

Did you actually read what he wrote? :confused:

Stop the pointless bickering and attacks. People have different opinions and assumption about what constitutes europe. However this thread is for discussing the Metal card so let’s get back to that. Thanks

So, when will support pick up my ticket and confirm or deny, that using your card anywhere in the world will realise cashback, regardless of the currency of the transaction?

When an agent is available. However i have used mine twice in Vietnam and about 10 times in Denmark. Everytime it have given Cashback. Others i know that have Cashback have used in Poland, United Kingdom and that gives Cashback too. It will always give cashback, how much depends on what country the payment is processed.

2 Likes

Excellent. Vietnam is the key country (for me) and also this currency is not identified on the ‘list’ I previously shared.

How long have you had your card? How is your cashback paid (in which currency).

When you say how much cashback is received, are you referring to the within Europe, outside of Europe debate ? (ie 0.5% and 1%)

The Russians I’ve talked to consider the western side of Russia (up until the Ural mountains) to be part of Europe.

1 Like

7 days

Outside Europe it is 1%, inside Europe it is 0.1% please look at the list and map in the FAQ too see which countries gives what percentage.

As confirmed by [Ares].