Metal cards

Your joking, I’m after the bigger prize. All my spending is 1%. I’m buying a new house outside of Europe, and I part pay every month on my Revolut card. It’s a lot of money in cashback if what all you guys are saying is correct.

No one will be happier if i am wrong.

Not being Eurocentric :wink: just pointing out that the European cashback is relatively useless.

If he plans to use it outside of Europe it might have some value, hence my original question from an hour ago that was never answered :wink:

Apologies. The FAQ’s have helped detract from todays real workload. I’ve lost far more than the cost of the metal card in lower productivity. I should of just upgraded first thing and got on with the real job ! :wink:

The list on the FAQ is what another active user (one i trust) got from Revolut support yesterday. The list does include Germany and France. Also the map have those area marked with green.

The countries included like Martinique is an old French colony and properly why it is considered part of europe. Same with the United Nations Mission in Kosovo.

Immense value. Like I said it would pay for itself in two months. You can work out the cashback bonus for the rest of the year :grimacing:

I am not sure how often you buy a house with card but even if you pay 2000 every month, you will only get back 20 each time - thats a nice slice of Pizza every month :wink:

Lemme correct you.
You buy the house, except the structure and the land.those ones are of your wife. A foreigner can never own land or properties in the Philippines, except in extraordinary cases (which also goes through marriage).

I’m living in Manila too.

You implied the discussion is not worth it because of 0.1 %. You just assumed. This assumption can be described as preferring the point of view that payments outside of Europe aren’t relevant. This could be described as being Eurocentric. :wink:

Having a wife aside. You can lease the land on a 50 year fixed basis, renewable on an ongoing 25 year period (the lease can be drafted in your favour and for your general protection), and you can then own a property (sub and superstructure) which sits on the land. For condos, you can own the condo but not the land (just like the UK), as long as 60% of the remaining condos are owned by nationals.

Further you can own land as a foreigner by registering a corporation to the Security and Exchange Commission. Although there is a potential inherent risk with this (IMO) but there are many that have done just that. You don’t get rich standing still with an adversity to risk.

Oh, and foreigners can also own the land under the 1935 Constitution. That is a person (not Filipino) can of inherited the land which may have been acquired under the 1935 Philippine Constitution.

regards,

International lawyer and property tycoon :wink:

What? Please read what I wrote. My original question was what Sal considered Europe, that got never answered. Then there was a heated debate about the terms of service etc. and I simply made a small remark that the most likely cashback of 0.1 is not exactly the most intriguing incentive - most likely, as Europe is very very broadly defined ;). I am very well aware that a transaction in the US will get you 1%, that was not the point of the discussion though. The Eurocentric part is something only you probably interpreted here :wink:

His interest in an answer could have been enough for you to assume the question is relevant to him. Not answering your question does not mean he hasn’t understood the importance of Revolut’s definition of Europe here. Fact: you were making assumptions. I added a wink to my post, to signal you that I am not 100 % serious here and that I was joking about the broad definition of Europe as well.

1 Like

We should seek compensation from the chaos and emotional stress caused by the release of this damn metal card !

I’m sure they are offering you a hug.

Probably not. I’m not the customer they are making money from lol

You claim I made assumptions and suggest I should assume something in (almost) the same sentence. I am not all that into assumptions, hence my question. If someone reads Europe he might easily assume he would get 1% in Turkey or Israel, both of which is not true in this case, let alone the *stans of the former Soviet Union.

Nobody really considers Russia to be in Europe, do they ?

there is a global problem with revolut apk. My money is missing, now i can not log in to apk and card not work!!!

It actually is, culturally, geographically, etc.

I would try Twitter for this. Tell them you want a hug. Let’s try it. I’m relatively sure they find an animated GIF for this.

Only part of Russian , geographically, is in Europe.

Culturally really ?!@ :wink: