Metal cards

Is the metal card definitely Mastercard?

Itā€™s sad that Aliexpress is processing payments in UK :confused:

Check the app. It shows you the definite brand of every card you can order.

Mine is Mastercard, which is good as Visa is not accepted in as many places as i would like (for my requirements) .

Hey Guys. Please see this topic for frequently asked questions about the new metal subscriptions.

https://community.revolut.com/t/metal-frequently-asked-questions/57430/2

The map of countries in ā€˜Europeā€™ was very useful, most of my non-EU travel is to countries which I thought would be eligible for the 1% Cashback, such as Turkey and Central Asia. But now that it is only 0.1% I do not see clear benefits.

As I already have Premium the slightly higher cash limits for ATM free arenā€™t enough to swing it, and the Concierge service isnā€™t something I think Iā€™d ever use (I used to have the Amex Platinum and I never used concierge for that either).

So really itā€™s just about having a card thatā€™sā€¦errā€¦metal.

How much is cashback?
1% outside Europe and 0.1% inside Europe. Support can provide a list.

Itā€™s the ā€˜listā€™ I am looking for. Still waiting for an agent :frowning:

Earn up to 1% cashback in any currency, including cryptocurrencies

Revolut Metal combines debit card functionality with great cashback rewards. Simply spend with your Metal card to earn up to 1% cashback on your payments in any of our 29 supported currencies, including Bitcoin, Litecoin, and Ether!

Thanks i fixed the mistake. I updated the post with a list.

I am in the same boat as you, all my purchases with Revolut are outside Europe. I can live with the Ā£400/month.

Initially very excited with the 1%. But 0.1% is not worth the upgrade. I am vain but not that vain that I ā€˜needā€™ metal card.

Why is the countries list so contradictory on Revolut.

On the website it says 24 fiat + 5 crypto = 29. (see last post)

On the app it says 28 supported currencies include crypto.

I canā€™t find the definitive list of currencies anywhere, and still no agent !

Ordered on the 14th, DHL messed up but it was technically deliverable on the 17th. Actually received it last monday (20th)

Currently we support the following fiat currencies for holding and exchange: USD, GBP, EUR, PLN, CHF, DKK, NOK, SEK, RON, SGD, HKD, AUD, NZD, TRY, ILS, AED, CAD, HUF, JPY, MAD, CZK, QAR, THB, and ZAR

Thatā€™s 24 !

My preferred currency is not on the list so no metal card for me as the business case does not stack up. Gutted :frowning:

Is it worth the money ?

1 Like

Iā€™m a bit :r: fan, and I love the metal card, but considering everythingā€¦ I would say no, not worth it.

• The cashback will be 0.1% most of the time: thatā€™s ā‚¬10 for ā‚¬10,000, itā€™s nothingā€¦
  • I think most of us will rarely (probably never) use the concierge service
  • ATM increase is nice, but I personally never reached the previous limit.

It doesnā€™t impact peopleā€™s everyday life enough to justify the 85% increase from premium, in my opinion.

The card is lovely though :slight_smile:

4 Likes

does someone know how cashback effect to the income statement?

Itā€™s a separate Vault for Cashback (in you chosen currency).
So it will appear on your Income statement as a Vault Payout, at the moment you decide to transfer the contents of the Vault to your main account.

I would love the card, but it has to be financially viable. (I can afford it but I am too sensible, and I am not even an accountant lol).

Most of my travelling is outside Europe so it would work for me. But it appears that the 1% cashback is limited to countries I do not frequent :frowning:

I have/had concierge service with other big brand retail banks. Waste of time unless money is no object.

ATM increase is nice, but who uses ATMā€™s anymore. I probably havenā€™t withdraw Ā£600 from an ATM in 10 years lol

BETA users, have you received tracking number during delivery or not?

Outside of Europe according to how it is defined in the offer?