Metal cards

I hope that the Metal cards have the World Elite status to be accepted at Lounges.

1 Like

I hope these Metal cards are at least forged using Dragons fire, small writing on the front saying “Owner is your new God”, engraved with new born blood, dried up with angel tears.

Card number should always be “1”, mortals should not be able to actually touch it.

That’s the bare minimum for a platinum elite card.

4 Likes

World Elite MasterCard usually come with a separate PriorityPass card that gives you access to lounges.

Platinum Amex on the other hand…

2 Likes

Well if Revolut add Amex as card for the “platinum” accounts with metal debit cards. I think they will be the first bank to issue all three cards.

It is possible, but I think hard to do.

@anon33247966 @Alan what is the view of :r: about Amex cards?

don’t know about your country but in mine, AMEX is mostly unusable. Only few retailers or none are accepting it so I prefer a superpremium MasterCard (I’m in EU); They should really come up with some real premium metal cards to counter N26 competition…

3 Likes

Unfortunately AMEX is useless, especially as a debit card (which are very rare).

All the thing about Amex is the power of the credit line and perks which comes in time (upgrades).
It’s also expensive. For both sides (merchant and owner)

Also. Amex is very limited as acceptance.

1 Like

When Revolut opens in the US, we might see more demand for AmEx.

Btw, nobody ever asked, what about Discovery cards? :speak_no_evil:

1 Like

I don’t think even in the US.

As I’ve said, all the thing about AMEX is the credit line. Being able to purchase much more than you can afford at that time.

More than this, AMEX in us is offered by… AMEX. Not 3rd parties. Even in many other countries where they got to be a little popular (like japan, UK) is the same.

An Amex debit card or prepaid makes no sense at all.

2 Likes

I think Air-France/KLM does offer American Express cards. I wonder how it works :thinking:

True, and they do love to do that in the US, it’s cultural. They buy stuff on credit, whereas in Europe we tend to save up first and pay with the money we have. (except for mortgages)

Hm, there are third party Amex cards. There is the Wells Fargo Amex for example, and the German Bank Commerzbank also offers an Amex Gold.

In the US, Amex’s portfolio spans from prepaid cards to charge cards to revolving credit cards. As far as I know, all European cards are charge chards?

When I remember this correctly, the exception for Amex from the EU interchange fee regulation also expires at some point? Wasn’t that just a “grace period”? I’m not particularly a fan of Amex, but they seem to have changed their politics a little bit recently. In Germany for example, they started issuing their Payback labeled card for consumers, it’s the biggest reward scheme in the country, and it is run by an Amex subsidiary, but competing with Amex’s own reward program. They bought the company running this independent rewards program.

They also managed to get grocery discounters on board like Aldi. They are kind of working towards being more accessible, less exclusive, and seem to want to improve their acceptance with merchants.

But I agree, there is hardly any benefit from a customer’s perspective to offer an Amex Revolut card, other than the whiff of exclusiveness.

1 Like

Air France KLM cards are issued by Amex itself. You need to fill out a form at Amex to get the card(if your income is high enough)

There are Amex cards not issued by Amex, but it is rare.
I think that :r: could make with Amex debit cards a unique way for customers to have all the cards.
My experience with American Express, is the cashback rewards and good insurances.
If Revolut could offer debit with these standards, it will become a new way of using Amex without the credit line.

Well Dinersclub and Discover are very rare. I have never seen one in Europe for instance, about the USA I have no idea.

I have seen the Discover logo a few times in Europe, but indeed I’ve never seen anyone pay with it.
MC/Visa for the wiiiin :slight_smile:

1 Like

Revolut Metal Card for UK

But the question is, how far away is soon?

Only UK :frowning:

Like many other things…

1 Like

Where does it say only uk?

Will the card be available for premium users, or do you have to take a more expesive plan?

And wil it be scratch “proof”

It will be its own separate thing called “Platinum”

1 Like

Hopefuly you decide to give a higher amount as free ATM withdrawal with it as 400 euro / month is very low. Was even thinking of canceling premium as it does not really come with much things over standard but I keep it for support.